PDA

View Full Version : A little late

k-roy
10-02-2003, 11:22 PM
I have been on this board for several months now and I just realized I have not had a proper introduction. I am a 22 yr old student (currently on leave from school due to a move). I am an avid mechanic, I am not looking for a career in automobiles, I just like to tinker with my own. This is my third vehicle.

I have had my car for about two years now. I paid $900 for a 87 LX 4 door 5 speed with 109,000 on the od. Within three weeks I damaged the original clutch, my first stick oh well, and blew the motor. I got a OE clutch kit from the dealer witch I regret, should have got a centerforce for the same price. I purchased a rebuilt B.S. motor from an 86 for $500. The motor runs strong. My car has a cheap paint job that is starting to flake off (the stupid assholes at maaco did not even sand down the old paint) the original paint that is exposed is smooth. I also have a off color fender due to a hit and run shithead in a parking lot, and I can not match the color, oh well. My car runs great and has been reliable since I have replaced lots of stuff.

I have replaced the engine, clutch, rf fender. fuel pump, rusted out front crossmember, rear bumper, alternator, water pump, radiator, brake pads, brake drum shoes and hardware, cd player and speakers (nothing great), driveshafts, and various tune up components. I did all the work myself with the exception of the motor and clutch.

Mods:
Removed all the extra vaccum lines (thanx for the howto), removed power steering (useless on such a light car), removed A/C (dead), painted the bumpers black. I am in the process of modifing a 4th gen civic airbox for use with a k&n filter.

Future mods:
New paint job, neuspeed springs, revalved bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars, prothane bushings (if they make them), SE-I brake conversion with upgraded pads and rotors, ss brake lines, rims and tires to go with the brake swap, manual steering rack and pinion out of a Canadian model.

If I can get all that done there will be no reason to get a new car anytime soon so I might as well add some more umph in the form of a CRV B20Z Swap, Integra tranny, OBD1 ecu, place racing mounts and axles and an LX-I fuel tank.

This is a great board with a lot of knolagable and helpful users. I would like to thank everyone for their contributions. I am building a website so I can contribute to the howto section and post some pics.

A20A1
10-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Sounds good keep us updated.