PDA

View Full Version : just removed my b20a head.

L3G10N
10-03-2003, 09:37 AM
yeah! it's done! Maybe tonigh i'll remove the crank and piston. I'll take some pics soon.

RobT5580
10-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Are you rebuilding the whole thing? I was happy with the B20A i bought from Openloop it was clean not that it matters but i think when i use that B20A i may do CTR Pistons and a mild port and polish if i do put that in another accord. I still have a bit to do on my turbo setup but its coming along.

mykwikcoupe
10-03-2003, 11:18 AM
hey there rob. What are you planning for the block prep? Just the typical line bore and deck mill or are you also doing the closed deck conversion and all that? Just wondering seeing how we are both doing turbo. I think your going a little more extravegant as far as psi then me though. Have you looked into a LSD yet? Thanks Mike

Sorry for horing your thread here legion. I know i should just pm him and all.

So heres how to fix my horing. How does everything look in there since you have it all open and all? I hanebt tey started pulling mine apart.

L3G10N
10-03-2003, 01:18 PM
yes i'm rebuilding the engine. I've removed the head to pu ITR piston. CTR scared me, too much domed. But the ITR are ok. I'll try to get the JDM but worst case, it will be usdm.

Mywik: lol that's ok. The engine look like is not young :D . I'll take some pics maybe tonight. In general he's in great condition. Gasket head was really clean. Piston are black, but it's normal.

RobT5580
10-04-2003, 02:04 PM
The bottom end was all built by Mike Lee's machine shop but im gonna bring it to my shop when i drop the head off so they can just go through everything and check it over. They build all kinds of engines and i was impressed with the work done on 88Lxi68's LS/Vtec and they are currently doing my friends H22 head. The B20A is closed deck already so you dont need to convert it. As far as LSD i was gonna see if i can get Quaife to make one but im not sure if they do custom work or not or find another source. But that part is gonna be expensive so i dont know if its gonna be part of my initial install or not since im not an all out racer. But Ludespeed modified a factory Honda LSD for the B20A5 that i recall so i may ask him how that worked out but i would prefer a better LSD unit. I still have a lot of things to work on but i think my next step is to drop the motor off to have that finished up but i still need to get the cometic head gasket and the ARP fastners are gonna be an issue and will take time so im gonna jump on those things soon.