PDA

View Full Version : New Headunit Suggestions/Questions

RL89LXi
06-20-2002, 05:43 PM
I'm planning on upgrading my headunit, right now it's the Aiwa CDC-MP3, but the sound quality it puts out isnt too good, so I'm looking to upgrade. I'm looking at the Kenwood KDC-MPV7019,
Blaupunkt San Jose, and Pioneer DEH-P7400MP. I'm leaning towards the Pioneer because of the internal Mosfet50 amp and because my friend has one and it puts out real quality sound. I'm looking for players in around this pricerange, $300. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, anything, I'd be grateful.

-Rob

87DXHatch
06-20-2002, 06:43 PM
I was just at AudioKing an hour ago and I heard the Pioneer. It sounds REALLY good. I think I am going to buy that one or the $450 Alpine which also sounded really good.

RCracer
06-22-2002, 09:29 AM
From my research if you are going to go with MP3 as I am then you really only have one choice.
ALPINE
The alpine headunits far out perform the others in respect of load times when changing songs/folders and in terms of reliability the alpine has to be the best but the only draw back is the cost.
If you can afford the extra cash go for the alpine (the 60w x 4 is a bonus)

damackz
06-22-2002, 10:24 AM
Yep i really love that alpine deck!!!! loookz sooo sweet plus i love the motorized face only drawback is that its more expensive then an mp3 deck, But yeah for the 60X4 wattage u will have to hook it up straight to your battery like an amp hehe soo pimped! Once i get it i will tell ya guyz how it is lol :D