PDA

View Full Version : carb

zchb9
10-04-2003, 08:26 AM
hey
i took my accord to the shop cause i noticed the car would stall when i stopped and tryed to take off again. when i pushed the gas it would want to die and i would release and then it would go next time i pushed down. i assumed the carb needed tuning. i took it to the shop and they tried and when they took it for the test drive it stalled on the guy and took him 10 min. to get it started again. so i guess they tored it down or something not sure but they said something had sealed and i needed a new carb. he said it would be about 275$ is that a good price im pretty new with hondas.

dXsquared
10-04-2003, 10:40 AM
if your gonna get a new carb, get a WEBER carb to replace it... search the board for more info

Travis

k-roy
10-04-2003, 10:48 AM
Before you spend the big bucks replace the three fuel filters and verify the fuel pump is working correctly. About ten years ago my dad paid $500 dollars to have a carb rebuilt when the porblem was the fuel pump. If the problem is the carb definitly get a Weber 32/36 DGV or a Weber 38mm. You can find them on ebay or carbs.net

shepherd79
10-04-2003, 11:36 AM
yeah cheack your fuel filters and fuel pump.

BDaccordguy
10-04-2003, 02:11 PM
sounds like a fuel pump to me. I had a very similar prob with my 87, and it turned out to be the fuel pump.