PDA

View Full Version : Speed Sensor

MattsAccord
10-04-2003, 04:18 PM
I have a question. I'm replacing my tranny and on the new tranny the speed sensor was broken. I was just going to take the sensor off my old one but it is broken also. My question, does the sensor have to come from the same type engine ( carb., F.I.) and (manual or auto). Also if the years make any difference what are they. i.e 86 - 87 or 88 - 89. :confused:

Matt

extremly low Si
10-04-2003, 05:10 PM
All 3geez should use the same speed sensitive power steering and vehicle speed sensor, same with preludes, auto or manual dont matter, neither does carb or pgmfi. in 88 - 89 they changed the design of the gearbox for some 4geez however the sensor should still fit. good luck tell us how you go

Justin86
10-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Well it sounds like I will be bringing you a speed sensor tomorrow.

MattsAccord
10-04-2003, 06:21 PM
THANK YOU. :super:

Bring your time slips.

joker2
10-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Just wondering, does the speed sensor affect anything other than the cable going to the gauge because ever since mine went out I've been having all sorts of problems.....:confused:

dosh8er
10-08-2003, 12:49 PM
i know that if you leave the speed sensor detached from the cable, you'll throw a PGM-FI light and a corresponding ECU code ... not that i would KNOW that from personal experience or anything... especially since the speedometer wouldn't work, or the odometer... *cough*...

It could have some effect on your ECU? not sure, but if it throws a code, then it can't be GOOD.

MattsAccord
10-08-2003, 08:13 PM
My car is carb and I don't know anything about. All I know is that mine is broken and I need a new one.

joker2
10-09-2003, 04:04 AM
Well yeah, it does throw a code because I got one the other night...... But what I'm talking about is when my speed sensor went out I started having problems with the rack seals on the passenger side of the car........ It never leaked before until that sensor started to go..... Really strange!!!:eek: :huh: :eek: