PDA

View Full Version : Side Marker Choices

HondaBoy
10-04-2003, 06:57 PM
i wanted to do side markers on my car. if i do my next set of custom tail lights supra style with round circles, i will probley need them. this would be cuz im not going to have anything showing on the side. they will be kinda like pods, facing out and not to the side in any way. im thining i will need to have a side marker somewhere on the bumper. i will probley get some off of another car. i looked at some on 4th gen accord and other various cars. i realy liked the ones on the sterling 825 and 827. they are rectangular and not any odd shape. i thought they would go with the 3gee cuz is kinda squarish. also, i was thinking about the front side markers off the sterling also. they are basicly the same shape as the back ones. im going to see about how much i can pull em for off the junkyard ones. i have 2 cars to choose from. maybe one now cuz they are selling one of them at the place thats kinda far from me. the other one is all shitty and they still have it. im shur i can get all of them for less than $10. hopefully less considering they are used. well, tell me what should i do?

Mike89Accordcom
10-05-2003, 01:40 AM
just get some like I have on my accord.

89cordlx
10-06-2003, 06:23 PM
I bought Hella sidemarker replacements for a 99 audi a4. just gotta find something to plug bulbs into ( like a hardness or something), and I gotta drill a big enough hole to mount it right, then seal it since it's weird. the markers are cool, I can either mount them so they're pointing (literally) to the front of back of the car. Do you think mounting on the fender trim would be ok for markers?

HondaBoy
10-08-2003, 02:47 PM
well, i will probley decide on the sterling side markers. considering i can probley get them for about $5, i cant do any better than that. and they go with the squareness of my car. they will be easy to wire in. i'll put them in when i do my next tail light project. they are supposed to be looking like supra style tails. anyway, the red side markers for the rear will be easy to wire in. all i will have to do is take the light that is in the trunk marker, (the red little one below the back up light), and just re run that wire down the trunk lid and down the side. there is a rubber gromet that i can go through and have it sealed. should be nice. as for the front side markers, i will have to decide how im going to do that. i may intergrate them into the small rubber piece thats infront of the door. shouldnt be too incredibly hard to get everything working and looking nice. i dont have time now that im in school to do my lighting projects, but maybe in december or in the summer i can get it going.