PDA

View Full Version : Honda License Plate Frames

HondaBoy
10-05-2003, 12:45 PM
ok, i know you have seen cars with the makes emblem, Ex. the honda H. anyway, i had seen ones for trucks and stuff, chevy, dodge, ford. well Pilot brand is making new stuff that is probley going to sell realy well. first i found a license plate frame that was chrome and has 2 honda Hs in the bottom corners. then i found one today that is a chrome plate with a big new style honda H in the middle. they look realy sharp. those would go nice on my new '02 accord. those are both about $20 each more or less. i guess they would also look good on an older accord, but the honda H has changed from the 3gee to now. its more rounded. but still, i thought y'all would be intersted in that if you were looking for something like that and couldnt figure out who makes it. ive so far found Honda licensed products like that at Pepboy's. no other place that i can find carries the honda stuff. anyone else seen this?...... oh by the way, i had made one of these custom plates out of plexiglass with the back painted black. has a 3gee H in the middle and the 3rd gen accord HONDA badge below that centered.

DBMaster
10-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Just as an aside to this, Texas recently passed a law stating that you cannot have a license plate frame, bracket, or cover that obscures all or part of the number and/or state name. It is being left up to local police departments to "interpret" so you want to make sure if you live here that you don't cover up anything!

HondaBoy
10-05-2003, 06:16 PM
realy? i didnt know that. they havent messed with me on my smoked plate covers on my '02 accord yet. hope they dont cuz when my grandma was driving and i was behind a few car lengths, i couldnt see the #s or letters.

MrBen
10-05-2003, 07:54 PM
I think the frames make it look like crap anyway.

DBMaster
10-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Here is one of the places I saw it...

http://snopes.com/inboxer/pending/texasplate.asp

"Home of the Whataburger?" Must have a Corpus Christi person here! I lived there for a couple of years myself.

As I said, the law is not common knowledge yet, but since it is left to local police to interpret I would remove the smoke covers. Seems like some cop in a pissy mood might just use it as an excuse to pull you over. Although, I always thought the Corpus police were OK. Where else in this country do they publish where the RADAR traps are going to be set up?!

There are so many totally crap cars on the roads in Corpus that the cops have their hands full just dealing with all the road menaces and single car accidents - I kid you not!

Mike89Accordcom
10-07-2003, 02:09 PM
I have chrome honda on my accord, and chrome acura on my TL. I love them.

blazin3gen
10-07-2003, 02:39 PM
yea i have one that says honda it had 2 H's now it has one haha
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/346000-346999/346311_18_full.jpg

DBMaster
10-07-2003, 06:41 PM
I don't think the one above would be a problem with the new law here. You can clearly see the state and plate number.

zero.counter
10-07-2003, 06:55 PM
S.B. 439 78(R) BILL ANALYSIS

S.B. 439
By: Lindsay
Law Enforcement
Committee Report (Unamended)

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE

Under current law, there are prohibitions against the operation of a motor
vehicle with certain types of obscured license plates. However,
improvements in technology have rendered these prohibitions incomplete.
Companies are now marketing technologically advanced products designed to
obscure information on license plates to defeat photo radar and
enforcement cameras. Senate Bill 439 addresses this issue by updating the
prohibitions on the use of devices designed to obscure license plate
information.

RULEMAKING AUTHORITY

It is the committee's opinion that this bill does not expressly grant any
additional rulemaking authority to a state officer, department, agency, or
institution.

ANALYSIS

Senate Bill 439 amends Section 502.409(a), Transportation Code, to provide
that, in addition to current statutory restrictions, a person commits an
offense if the person attaches to or displays on a motor vehicle a number
plate or registration insignia that:

_ has identification marks that, because of reflective matter, are not
plainly visible at all times during daylight;
_ has an attached illumination device or emblem not authorized by law and
that interferes with the readability of the letters or numbers on the
plate or the name of the state in which the vehicle is registered; or
_ alters or obscures the letters, numbers, color, or original design
features of the plate.

EFFECTIVE DATE

This Act takes effect September 1, 2003.

HondaBoy
10-29-2003, 05:01 PM
hers some pix of the custom honda license plate i made with plexiglass and some old emblems that i restored.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_74.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_73.jpg