PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Strut Tower Brace

HondaBoy
10-05-2003, 06:34 PM
ok, i found a pontiac bonneiville that was torched. i see the tower brace is still good. anyway, im not going to get my hopes up and say its going to fit. but considering i can mod it, what y'all think about it? i mean i can repaint it and use it either for the front or the rear one. i was thinkin in the trunk cuz it wont clear the carb. im still going to try doing a custom made intake. ive found something that will fit off an '80s chrysler sedan. its either a newyorker or labaron. also the thing is from the crapped out turbo engine. so the thing is pretty wide already so it will be nice. its nice and low so i hope i could get it to work. what you guys think?

MattsAccord
10-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Let me know how the intake goes I going to try to make one soon. I'm not quit sure how I going to do it yet.

HondaBoy
10-05-2003, 07:33 PM
i will drill some holes if they dont line up. and if the bar isnt long enough, i will think up something. considering im taking a welding class and metal fab, maybe if i cant get things to work out with what i can get, i will be able to make something next semester.

Justin86
10-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Oh it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

89cordlx
10-06-2003, 06:20 PM
my mom has a bonneville, and the brace should be wide enough (if not to wide) to install. it only has holes in it though, so if you mount it front you will have to figure a way to wrap it around to the three bolts. the rear only has 2 bolts, might have better luck there

HondaBoy
10-08-2003, 02:49 PM
thats what im thinking. i may not decide to get that piece, but if i do, it will probley go in the trunk.

DeathRat
10-08-2003, 03:28 PM
It should work with modification.....I use to run my own Bonneville Forum on my site (Bonneville Attitude.Com). I also work at a Pontiac Dealership as a GM Partsman too. Mine was a 92 Bone-Evil SE <http://www.geocities.com/deathrat64/Bonneville.html>