PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from AudioKing...

87DXHatch
06-20-2002, 06:56 PM
I didn't buy anything but I did listen to a whole lot of amps/subs/speakers.

I think I have narrowed my headunit search down to the Pioneer 7400mp or one of the two ~$450 dealer priced Alpine head units. I listened to them both and the Alpine is a little bit brighter but the Pioneer puts out some top quality sound as well.

On to speakers. I listened to $700 Boston components and could hardly tell a difference between them and like $300 components of a different brand. I didn't like the Rockford components too muffled all around. It seemed to me that the Perfect and reference infinity components sounded very similar but the kappas sounded very different. I really like the way the kappas sounded. Alpine Type-R components sounded really tight too. I think I will go with Alpines for the front and infinitys in the back or vice-versa, I dunno.

Next Subs/Amps. I listened to the Xtant 1000 Watt monster and was blown away. No way I can afford it but blown away none-the-less. Then I listened to the Xtant 300Watt amp and I can say that that thing pounds really hard too. It's only like 200 bucks on eBay so I think I am gonna get that. As for subs, I wish I could get a pair of Boston pro 10's but I'm not made of money. Boston Competitors sound real nice too.

Sorry to bore you all, I was just pumped to listen to all these brands after hearing so much about them. Some lived up to the hype, some failed.

Peace

NOAHS88accord
06-20-2002, 10:48 PM
well im sure everyone knows i always say go with the infinity kappa components, then go with some infinity kappa perfect 10's and finish it off with a us amp maybe like a 500x2 rms. its up to you personally what you want but thats just what i feel is the best ones.

peace
noah
:flipa:

shepherd79
06-21-2002, 07:50 AM
i have one 12" alpine type S sub and it is good for me.
i don't like too - too much bass.
i got it for like 175 with a box.

87DXHatch
06-21-2002, 11:20 AM
I think for bass I am going to go with the 300 watt Xtant and 2 10's: either Boston Competitor or Alpine Type-r

I am going to get components for the front speakers, but should I get them also for the back? What else could I use for rear fill? I've thought about getting a pair of kicker comp, 6.5 inch subs, a pair of crossovers and 2 tweeters for the back but that might be over doing it.

shepherd79
06-22-2002, 04:34 AM
i don't know why you want components on the back. you are going to be sitting in the front all the time. i would say go with components in the front( good ones) and type R coax on the back ( they can hold a lot power). 2 10" type R should sound NICE :D

87DXHatch
06-22-2002, 05:44 AM
Anyone on here heard of Image Dynamics before? I talked to a couple of car audio guys and they said the ID was like really high quality stuff. The subs only go for like 100 each on Ebay.