PDA

View Full Version : Help..Carotman - fuel line

GreenMachine
06-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Hey I was wondering what did you use for the extra fuel line you need on the efi . Also, is the line we add the - feed line or return line?

where did you run the line in your car pass/drivers and what kind of hose or tube would help alot ..thanx

hornet
06-20-2002, 09:44 PM
You will be adding the feed line and the old feed line from the carb engine becomes the return line. The new feed line will run with the rest of the lines on the drivers side but at the front it will take a right, go behind the pedals across to just past the middle of the firewall and out through the hole that you will have to make near the small oval shaped indent in the firewall, just above the fuel filter. In the rear you need to get the 2 hard lines that are bolted to the side of the tank, they go up to the pump.
I know you were asking for Carrotman's help but I hope this is of some assistance. His how-to section on is web site was one of the biggest reasons my conversion worked.

GreenMachine
06-20-2002, 09:55 PM
Thanx alot..... what did you use for a line up to the front?
Just regular rubber fuel hose ?
I was planning on keeping my tank for now - I'll have to see if I can make it work - I haven't dropped it yet!

carotman
06-21-2002, 02:37 AM
I basicaly used the OEM EFI line. I took out the fuel line out of an SE-i and just passed it in the car.

You have to add the FEED line. The funny thing is that you already have a hole in the rear pasenger compartment to pass it but you have to drill the firewall to make it reach the engine bay :werd:

smufguy
06-21-2002, 08:03 PM
i think the japanese guys forgot about another pop off gourmet:rolleyes: