PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof help

brianc85
06-20-2002, 08:47 PM
I have a 1988 Accord LXI and the sunroof doesnt work. When I push the button u can hear a little clicking noise kinda by the glove box and the passanger door. Ive checked all the fuses and thats not it. Does anyone know what it could be and how to fix it? Thanx

smufguy
06-20-2002, 08:55 PM
the sound near the glovebox is actually coming from under the front pass seat. u got two relays for the sunroof under there along with the pwr door lock controller. its probably your motor shot or ur roof is stuck.

ACCORD EX
06-21-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by smufguy
the sound near the glovebox is actually coming from under the front pass seat. u got two relays for the sunroof under there along with the pwr door lock controller. its probably your motor shot or ur roof is stuck.

hey smufguy ! the same thing happens to me in my antenna ! do you have anything on it in th eservice manual you can post about the antenna ! thnnx a lot !! :)

MIKE

smufguy
06-21-2002, 07:18 AM
the one i downloaded from paul's website does not have anything about radios or antennas. Does yours like click in but wont go down? the only thing that would have happened is that your lead plastic cable inside is gone. To fix this, u need to take off the dash though. And unscrew the plastic housing on the outer roof of ur car. disconnect the cable harness from the motor and attach a thin piece of stringor a metal wire (like a phone wire) and pull it thru. and attach the top of the new antenna to the bottom of the wire u just pulled thru and pull the whole antenna out. I mean i have not done this cause, my antenna is in good condition. the one thing i did is i applied lithium grease on it cause t was sticking bad (i did not wanna snap the plastic cable inside). its good for me right now and nothing bad has happened. IF u want, i can check out if any of the antenna's in the junk i go t o are in good shape and i can send u one if u want. I can also learn clearly how to take the antenna out. :D :) :cool:

ACCORD EX
06-21-2002, 12:41 PM
smufguy !: my antenna doesn't click it just one day didn't work !
just like that checked the voltage @ the switch and there is electricity ! i suspect the connection to the motor ! :D

MIKE

smufguy
06-21-2002, 05:47 PM
there are two things, if the motor is fine and the cable is cut, the motor wizzes, but the antenna wont go up or down. the second thing is, the antenna might be totally stuck and the motor just cant spin so there wont be any wizzing noice. the second thing is, it might the fuse (which i am sure u checked it). i dont know if the antenna has a relay or a controller and i highly doubt if there is even one cause i did not run into one. so my guess is, its either the antenna is totally stuck and the motor just wont spin. if u could, take out the whole antenna motor and see if its at fault. cause if u are gonna test the connectors on the motor, then u can also inspect the motor. there is not much on the hayne's manual either and paul's honda manual does not have anything on either radio or antenna. :huh:

ACCORD EX
06-22-2002, 03:22 AM
thnx a lot smufguy ! i really intended to take the motor out ! but am looking for it under the dash !

MIKE

smufguy
06-22-2002, 05:31 AM
not a prob mike, the motor is usually hig hig hig up there. its near the cruize control unit. this is on american models with LeftHand drive. i dont know about you though. It should be easy to trouble shoot once u take off the dash.