PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

Dibbs
10-07-2003, 09:34 AM
I have an LX-i. I was raised on Old School car knowledge so I understand the potential of performance carburated engines. Right now, all these EFI related sensors are crapping out and they're giving me a headache, not to mention making my car run like crap.

I am intrigued by the dual Weber setup. I would imagine a properly tuned & jetted dual setup would make for a nice peppy ride. I have a few questions though:

1. What is needed for this conversion?
2. What all can i need to get rid of (vacuum lines, etc)?
3. Do you think it's worth it or am I taking a step back, performance wise?

My apolgies if I am asking old questions. The search wasn't too helpful. I probably didn't include the right keywords. Anyhow, I value your carb related input, although I might have a lot of technical related questions on the matter. Thanks!

meohmy01
10-07-2003, 12:55 PM
i wouldn't think that you would get anymore horse power and i'm pretty sure your gas milage would go down. i would think that it would be more cost effective just to go somewhere and have it diognosed and then fix it

A20A1
10-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Yeah dual 45 webers with a regulator for the fuel pressure. Or quad bike carbs with the appropriate manifold.

You'll take a step back in terms of fuel economy but you'll gain performance for sure.

You only need the intake manifold with a tap in each runner so you can run vacuum to the brake booster and to the ignition advance.

It might be an idea to run with a A18 head so you can use the manifold already made for it... but then you'll have smaller intake ports and maybe even valves... but the compression is higher.

Dibbs
10-08-2003, 06:53 AM
:lol

No Mike. Not me behind the camera although I do feel sorry for that guy. I do want to run with the bulls just once before I die. That would be one helluva rush.

Anyway, back to the topic....

Justin, you answered my second question. I'm not looking for a lot of performance out of this muffler. Sound and style are my two main issues. I guess I will take mike's advice and get a good quality sounding muffler with no tip and buy the tip seperate.

Any suggestions on mufflers with a good deep tone? Does round or oval shaped muffler bodies make a difference in tone? I would imagine so but I'd like to hear your input.

**EDIT**
OOPS...Delete please!

A20A1
10-08-2003, 11:52 AM
lol hehe I was like I knew I said that about the camera thing... but it wasn't in my post and then you started talkin about muffler... and I was like oh yeah.