PDA

View Full Version : How much is my car worth?

lecherousjester
10-07-2003, 09:54 AM
1989 Accord LX-i coupe
Automatic
Air conditioning
Power steering
Power windows
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
Cassette
210,000 miles
2 brand new tires

Body dings and rough spots are all Here (http://www.lecherousjester.com/upload/accord/).

Interior is somewhat dirty, but a good detail would help quite a bit. No rips or major stains. Was a smoker's car from 44k to 206k.
Carfax shows only ONE record at all. I don't have a subscription so I don't know what it is, but with 3 owners over 14 years, 1 record seems pretty good.
Back tires are at about 30% wear.
Heat takes awhile to warm up, but once it gets going it's strong.
Slight crack in the bottom of the windshield, but it passed inspection for 4 years with it.

Engine runs VERY strong with no problems as far as I can tell.

I'm located in central NY at zip code 13021. KBB says that this car would fetch $1,550 in 'fair' condition, which is kind of hard for me to believe, so that's why I'm asking you guys.
The car runs amazing, and the engine is strong, but the body is kind of rough, yet hardly any rust at all (which is pretty good for a car in Central NY).

So, what do you guys think? Around how much could I get for this car if I was to sell it now?

kicker1_solo
10-07-2003, 11:47 AM
After looking at the pics, $1400 tops.

Bloodlust
10-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Cant say for sure, go to http://www.KBB.com and get a rough estimate. Even though it is usually never right.

NXRacer
10-07-2003, 11:53 AM
with all that body damage, you'd be lucky to get $1000 for it.

kicker1_solo
10-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Bloodlust
Cant say for sure, go to http://www.KBB.com and get a rough estimate. Even though it is usually never right.

Originally posted by lecherousjester

I'm located in central NY at zip code 13021. KBB says that this car would fetch $1,550 in 'fair' condition, which is kind of hard for me to believe, so that's why I'm asking you guys.

Cheeseburger
10-07-2003, 12:22 PM
how much did you pay for it.

Vinny
10-07-2003, 12:25 PM
I don't know if I'd call all that rust fair condition

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle probably has some mechanical or cosmetic defects, but is still in safe running condition. The paint, body and/or interior need work to be performed by a professional in order to be sold.
There may be some repairable rust damage.

“Poor” condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and may be in questionable running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body.

chriskatana
10-07-2003, 01:21 PM
With all the rust damage I'd say you'll be lucky to get $1000.

lecherousjester
10-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Well, I think there's a huge difference between the way people from the south think about rust vs. the way people think about rust up here. Plus, I doubt this car is in poor condition, because the engine is insanely strong still. You could venture to say the body is in poor condition, but I don't know. Anyways, I got this car for free, but the thing is, I'm just trying to decide a threshold for repair costs, just in case....and you guys are experts on 3g's, so I figured I'd ask around and see what kind of answers I got.

~$1,000 sounds about right to me, but I wasn't sure. I got $900 for my 1986 Camry that had alot more rust than this car...yet it did have 50,000 less miles. But... 89 Accord LXi > 86 Camry LE.

Either way, thanks for the replies.

Grant2k
10-07-2003, 09:01 PM
in New Jersey you'd get about $800 if you're lucky. probably less because it would never pass New Jersey inspection.

my86dx4dr
10-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
with all that body damage, you'd be lucky to get $1000 for it. exactly what i think too, thats if it runns good, :smokin:

k-roy
10-12-2003, 03:39 PM
I would say about $1000.
I am from the north and have experience with rust repair and dealing with snow and salt. That looks like a cheap coverup, but at least it was done, I would hate to pull the bumpers off. You should post some more pics of the entire car, the interior, and the trunk with the carpet pulled back, and under the hood so we can give you a more accurate estimate.