PDA

View Full Version : Prelude Control Arm Help!

Chris86Lxi
06-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Ok guys, I pretty much am in desperate need of Prelude control arms. For one, i have 2 ball joints that have been busted open and the grease is leaking out of them which isn't very safe. Two, My upper control arm for some reason is loose, like when i jack my car up and there's no weight on the arm i can pull on it and it moves just a little bit but when i lower it back down and there's weight on it then it doesn't move. And last of all, i would like to get these to correct my front camber problem too. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what year prelude i need to take the control arms off of. I need the upper and lower control arms. Will i need to customize some shit under there to make them fit right? Where can i get new ball joints for the new arms? Will i be able to do this myself?
Thanks alot! Sorry for so many questions but i don't want my arms or joints to break and total my car. That reminds me of someone (R.I.P. OldschoolSwap)

Chris

SWELLS
06-20-2002, 09:42 PM
83-87 Prelude arms are what you need. You just need the upper arms. The new joints you should be able to pick up at any parts store. In Texas they run 'bout 35 bucks for one side. You shouldn't have to do any changes for it to fit. It's also a pretty easy job to do.

CASH24
06-21-2002, 12:32 AM
is it $35 per prelude arm, or for the ball joints. Im going to pick some up this weekend so i was just curious to how much I should be paying.

SWELLS
06-21-2002, 06:22 AM
Thats for the replacement ball joint. I'm not sure what the arms run, I got mine off my old prelude i'm junking out.

Chris86Lxi
06-22-2002, 08:31 AM
Thanks guys. The ball joints are the little rubber things right? Sorry if i sound stupid by asking that. Those things are $35 a set? Do you get like a whole set of them for every joint replacement on each side? Thanks alot.

Chris

SWELLS
06-22-2002, 09:16 AM
That's $35 for the prelude ball joints. I'm not sure about how much accords ball joints run.

AccordChemist
06-22-2002, 12:53 PM
hey chris, just come down to jeff city and ill hook you up....its very easy.

Chris86Lxi
06-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Hell yeah dude! If that's cool with you man. What can ya hook me up with? Can you get some prelude arms and new ball joints. I got enough money for both of those now so whatever we can do lets do it man. I'm down with whenever you want to help me out man. You know how to put them on? I'll just P/M you.

Chris