PDA

View Full Version : Found rarest accessory of 3gee. Pics

neoblue89lxi
10-07-2003, 04:34 PM
I found this today in a junkyard and it seems to be in perfect shape. It was in an lxi with leather interior and all the bells and whistles. I have seen a lot of sei cupholders and armrests but never this before. Do yuo guys think it is worth anything, and have you all ever seen this before? I know it is original because it says honda on the front and on a sticker on the back that also says accessory with part #. It fits perfectly where the cupholder or tape holder assymbly would be.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393638_40_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393638_41_full.jpg

johndej
10-07-2003, 04:37 PM
hmm........ those are prob the rarest accessory to the 3g. i've only seen 1 other one posted on here.

zero.counter
10-07-2003, 04:38 PM
:eek: Stock Honda CD Player...sentimentally priceless.

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-07-2003, 04:53 PM
I had one of those, both the CD player and the equalizer. The CD player I couldn't get to work (it would keep ejecting CD's without playing them), and from what I've read that was a pretty common thing to go wrong with those. I had one from a 4th gen Accord too (newer design from that) and it had the exact same problem. I still have the equalizer though (as well as that mounting thing into the console), and it works great! Made a nice difference on the stock radio.

Factory accessories, especially rare ones, are always cool to have!

87accordlxi
10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
I doubt the CD player will be able to play CD-R's, so it's usefullness may be diminished in this day and age. But it's still a pretty cool find.

neoblue89lxi
10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
how much do you think i could sell it for or should i keep it for the hell of it?

MrBen
10-07-2003, 04:57 PM
I'd keep it, just because it's a cool thing to have.

A20A1
10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Our 3Geez were so pampered... and we didn't even know it.

MIK3
10-07-2003, 05:37 PM
That is too awesome. It is definately a keeper, I'd say. I don't see why it wouldn't play CD-R's though. They're formatted correctly when burnt, so it should play. Unless I am mistaken.

87accordlxi
10-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by MIK3_DX_STYLE
That is too awesome. It is definately a keeper, I'd say. I don't see why it wouldn't play CD-R's though. They're formatted correctly when burnt, so it should play. Unless I am mistaken.

Alot of old CD players won't play them. I have an old Magnavox home CD player from the late 80's/early 90's that won't play burned CD's. And I figure that most of today's CD players wouldn't advertise being able to play CD-R's unless there were some from way back that wouldn't.

lecherousjester
10-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Off topic sort of... when I go junkyard hunting tomorrow...will a 4th gen accord CD player fit correctly in my 89 LXi?

blazin3gen
10-07-2003, 07:19 PM
thats awesome!!!!!

but yea some dont read cd-r's but mostly all do so i think maybe it will what it wont read FOR SHURE would be CDRW's

2old_honda
10-07-2003, 07:56 PM
plug it in and see if it works! there is a plug in the back of the stock radio that thing plugs into.

adams86lxi
10-07-2003, 09:56 PM
thats a awesome find!:D

Jims 86LXI HB
10-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Actually I think the rarest accesory of sort's was the factory front lip spoiler that was a dealer add on option. I think it was only offered for the 86-87 cars. It's only been spotted once that I know of. And that was on a car that was sitting in the back of a honda dealer locked up on a mechanic's lean. It's never been seen other than on that one car that I'm aware of.

Vanilla Sky
10-08-2003, 04:56 AM
i came across the cdplayer in a car that seems to have been flooded... to bad, i would have snatched it... and jim, you have a pic of that front lip? i've seen several accords around here with lips, but i don't know it they're honda lips or not

cubert
10-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
Actually I think the rarest accesory of sort's was the factory front lip spoiler that was a dealer add on option. I think it was only offered for the 86-87 cars. It's only been spotted once that I know of. And that was on a car that was sitting in the back of a honda dealer locked up on a mechanic's lean. It's never been seen other than on that one car that I'm aware of.

suuure..come in and ruin everyyyones fun and correct us on the rarest 3g item..:lol just kidding man...but yea..ive heard of the cd player once before but never the lip....but both would be an amazing find:super:

Jims 86LXI HB
10-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Vanilla Sky
i came across the cdplayer in a car that seems to have been flooded... to bad, i would have snatched it... and jim, you have a pic of that front lip? i've seen several accords around here with lips, but i don't know it they're honda lips or not

I think it's still on one of those online honda parts places under the avaliable acc, but of course it's long gone. And If I recall, it's pictured in the factory brochure were all the other acc. are pictured. I seam to recall someone posting a pic of it in the brochure, for 86-87 of course.

Vinny
10-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Its still listed on Majestic Honda's website for 331.54 and the install kit is listed at 16.10. Even if they still had it I can think of alot better to buy for that price

Bloodlust
10-08-2003, 12:15 PM
Wow. Ive never seen one of those before. It would be cool just to have ya know? Nice find.

Vinny
10-08-2003, 12:18 PM
You should get you one from Majestic for 331.54 Mike. Not that you'd pay more for something than its worth :lol :lol :lol

k-roy
10-08-2003, 12:30 PM
That is pretty cool. My car came with a tapedeck, 4x15 watt speakers. I could not even hear them with the windows down. I was "junkyard engineering" one day and came across a first gen Integra. I tried to get the lower console/shifter/e-brake handle cover to fit a 3g but it would not fit unless the whole dash was swapped. The cover had an eq that looked the same. The car also had a seperate CD player in the normal spot. I would keep that cd player as a conversation piece. Anyways I would not use it because even a cheapie $120 Best Buy deck is better.

Site
10-08-2003, 05:37 PM
By the way, was the leather interior of this junkyard LXi in good shape? And if so, did you pull it? First dibs if you have it and want to sell it (provided it's in good shape).

Hash_man_Se_i
10-08-2003, 06:17 PM

I have seen those on 2 accords around here. One of them I am sure is the Honda lip because I was close enough to see the writing, and the other I am not sure.

I want to see if I can go buy that one from those people/

3G Jester
10-08-2003, 09:00 PM
holy shit i didnt know they made those! keep it. as long as i have been on the board noone has mentioned one. bad ass man.

Vanilla Sky
10-09-2003, 03:40 AM
around here, those lips must have been kinda popular... i see more lips than CD players (though i've only seen the one stock CD player)... sice i don't see those accords around anymore, there's a good chance they're sitting in the scrapyards around here somewhere... maybe i should go pull them and sell them on here for all to at least have a chance at it...

too bad the cars i saw them on were shitty as hell beaters that blew so much smoke it looked like they were trying to lose the person behind them

buish
10-10-2003, 01:06 AM
something like this

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/carlfung1/vwp?.dir=/car&.dnm=hondalip.jpg&.view=t

i can take a better picture if anyone is interested. enlarge the pic to see it better than screen size.

Vanilla Sky
10-10-2003, 05:41 AM
yeah, i've seen those... i wonder if the 4gee ones are a close fit??... they are a lot more common

accordlx
10-10-2003, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that unit is part of the SE-i stereo that was made by Bose. I personally cannot stand Bose stuff because it is not compatible with anything else due to thier proprietary circuitry and Bose crap for the most part sounds like crap. (Except in a few very high end prefabed automotive appliations and a few home speakers that actually run on 8 ohms which are WAYYY overpriced.) If I remember correctly, you can only use 3 ohm speakers with the head unit and equalizer. This is why you never see any aftermarket Bose crap for either car or home audio. You have to use thier amp, their tuners, and their speakers as a package.

K DASH
10-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by buish
something like this

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/carlfung1/vwp?.dir=/car&.dnm=hondalip.jpg&.view=t

i can take a better picture if anyone is interested. enlarge the pic to see it better than screen size.

Oh wow my Accord looks a lot like that (except the lip and rims :( ) I even had the exact same Razo Pedals :eek:

buish
10-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by K DASH
Oh wow my Accord looks a lot like that (except the lip and rims :( ) I even had the exact same Razo Pedals :eek:

yeah, thats the most recent pic. my interior has changed a bit though. tape holder, armrest, and del sol seats added. what u don't see in the pic is the passenger of the car. bad paint job jacked it up. not my fault. dad scratched the car, and went super cheap and had some guy off the street paint it back in early 90's.

i'll take some pics in the afternoon and maybe get a cardomain account to host them.

markmdz89hatch
10-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by accordlx
I'm pretty sure that unit is part of the SE-i stereo that was made by Bose. I personally cannot stand Bose stuff because it is not compatible with anything else due to thier proprietary circuitry and Bose crap for the most part sounds like crap. (Except in a few very high end prefabed automotive appliations and a few home speakers that actually run on 8 ohms which are WAYYY overpriced.) If I remember correctly, you can only use 3 ohm speakers with the head unit and equalizer. This is why you never see any aftermarket Bose crap for either car or home audio. You have to use thier amp, their tuners, and their speakers as a package.

So far, the 90-93 300Z's have the best Bose system I've heard to date.

But yeah, I actually just sold a center console with that bezel with it. Cool little addition IMO. Keep it, it's cool just to say you have it.

carotman
10-17-2003, 02:06 PM
If you want a lip, the 1st gen Legens lips are a bolt on fit for the 88-89 sedan/coupe... no mods required

lilphillie78
11-12-2003, 01:11 PM
Did you say the cd player had a part # if so What is it?:bow:

Dibbs
11-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
So far, the 90-93 300Z's have the best Bose system I've heard to date.

The last generation RX-7 had a badass bose sound system. They ran acoustic wave tubing for the sound to travel throughout the car. At least that's what I remembered. I heard one in person though, it was VERY nice.