PDA

View Full Version : Radar Jammers

AccordArizona89
10-07-2003, 09:58 PM
IM located in arizona and i was wondering were i can purchase one of those radar jammer things.. i am look for one to be under 130 if possible

blazin3gen
10-07-2003, 10:14 PM
yea hey i posted one along time ago man let me find the thread

Here ya go

http://3geez.com/showthread.php?%20s=&threadid=23530&highlight=Radar+Jammers :wave:

HostileJava
10-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Arent' radar jammers illegal in almost every state?

danronian
10-08-2003, 05:38 AM
No, only about 10 states. It says it on the box which states.

dosh8er
10-08-2003, 01:02 PM
i wouldn't count on these items to work properly...

i read into them, you have to place them in SPECIFIC spots in order for them to work. Those spots, commonly the licence plate are in the front of the car, don't always work. With new laser technology, which these devices claim that they can 'jam', are used by police and are aimed at a shinny, reflective area. Well, that could be any place on the car, but typically on the licence plate. This isn't the case in states with NO FRONT licence plates. I'd imaging that the law officials have read into these devices, and started aiming in other spots on the vehicle. So if you do get a ticket, and take up on the 'we'll pay for your ticket' claim, you may just have to end up paying a ticketl.

So, if you think it works, then go ahead. But as a warning from me, i think it's somewhat a scam with the enormous range of error prone on the part of the installer, and the law official's aim.

Vanilla Sky
10-09-2003, 03:46 AM
yeah, dosh8er has a VERY good point there... i wouldn't really care so much about jamming the radar, but i would like to know if they're clocking people in my area... if i know they are, how the hell hard is it to slow down for a little while?? i mean, come on, it's not a racetrack (and i never thought i'd be saying that... you should see how i drive)

Vinny
10-09-2003, 05:17 AM
Jammers have been around as long as radar guns. They DO NOT WORK. I've yet to meet anyone who has bought one that swears by them. If you really want one search online and build your own, there used to be sites that listed what you need and how to build them

HostileJava
10-09-2003, 06:42 AM
The real probems with these jammers is that they don't have high enough output to be placed somewhere in the car and be able to broadcast a wide and far enough net to properly confuse the radar gun. If they made jammers that could do this, and it's not hard to do, they'd be violating laws set be the FCC, and that is not a good idea.

accordlx
10-10-2003, 04:52 PM
The only type of Radar they seem to use anymore here in Ohio are the laser speed guns. Laser is different than X, K, and pulse Ka in that is is based on light not microwave. Laser Jammers do not fall under the jurisdiction of the FCC. The FCC only has jurisdiction over transmissions through the air that involve sound, microwave, and radio transmissions. There is a company called Lidatek who makes a laser jammer that is said to work extremely well and costs less than a Valentine One. (Valentine Research makes the best radar detector on the market hands down.)

Here is a test of the Lidatek jammer done by Roundel (http://64.70.201.88/Roundel/1997/0197oth.htm) which is a very repected news source in the BMW community.

Here is Lidatek's website. (http://www.lidatek.com/)

87accordlxi
10-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Won't cops know you're using a jammer when the result that gets beamed back to them is all screwed up?

accordlx
10-10-2003, 05:16 PM
What the cops get back is a an error reading when they try to clock you. Anyways, they cannot do anything about laser jammers because the FDA has jurisdiction over laser operated equipment. Plus, Laser Echo units are so rare that most cops wouldnt even know what you were talking about if you told them what you have. After they finally catch up to you, they figure that they have no proof that you were actually speeding which they have to have in Ohio unlike California and a few other states.

Vinny
10-10-2003, 05:59 PM
The FDA as in food and drug administration? WTF????? Thats as bad as the Department of the Interior being in charge of everything outdoors