PDA

View Full Version : NEXT NJ car show/race & NEXT NE MEET

3G Jester
10-07-2003, 10:10 PM
alright guys times runnin out. how about another meet before it gets too cold or the snow starts falling?

a few NE kids suggested something for the end of oct. early nov.
whats everyone's opinion?

as for new jersey i will be attending a few of these. heres the links. check em out and maybe we can get a few more people to go.

brand new looks real hot. im going to this one
Asbury Park. NJ
http://www.importcircuit.com/

then on sunday Nov 2nd there is a STREET WARS competition im going to be running the AV6 in. gates at 8
time trials 10am-1pm and war begins at 2 pm
for more info http://www.racewaypark.com
thats e-town right there

also at e-town there will be an IMPORT SURVIVAL SERIES presented by too tires on SUNDAY NOV. 16th

check out the links and lets see if we can get together for a another meet. id love to see steve and his LS run against Maurice :D
looks like an option for me too

smufguy
10-08-2003, 02:58 PM
me and my buddies (don for sure) are gonna be there on Nov 2nd. I cant be there longer than 3pm so i gotta leave at 3pm no later. If u guys wanna meet up and have a meet that would be great. WEll Travis, u work somethin out buddy cuz im studying for my exam tomorrow.

Johnny O
10-08-2003, 04:43 PM
I will be at both events with bells on.

Sean
10-08-2003, 06:20 PM
hey johnny whats yr car wiegh ?

3G Jester
10-08-2003, 08:56 PM
hey guys......pics tomorrow from sunday...... :D

and i will deffinatly go to the oct 25th meet

and i will deffinatly be at thee nov 16th meet.

not to sure about the nove 2nd meet. im going to be picking up my rear bumper [black widow II], projection lamps and PIAA lights on oct 25th so thats gonna set me back a few bucks. i dont know if i can trek down there 7 days later for the event plus go to NYC on halloween. but its a good investment. the AV6 will be loookin mighty bling :D

HostileJava
10-09-2003, 07:09 AM
I don't think I can make it, I kinda promised Jen no more major meets until spring. However it looks like there may be a mini meet at my house this weekend if anyone is interested.

smufguy
10-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Yo Johnny, i thought the sticker on ur window said 1900 lbs. Is that true? :D But i heard u say it weights around 2500 or 2600 lbs with you in it. where did the extra weight come from dude? :eek: :lol . just kidding with u buddy.

The pics that Don (my buddy) took are in for development, Cant wait to get it.

Yo travis, email the pics in a zip file to me at [email protected] bro.

Man......... Street wars is fun. so guys MOVE UR ASS and get a mini meet. Im gonna be there on time this time and not miss qualification rounds.

Johnny u know u got one guy with his 3g comin up to support ya. :D

3G Jester
10-09-2003, 04:38 PM
i get my pics back tomorrow!
and jim. what the hell? why doesnt jen want any more meets? its only a day trip to NJ!!!!! i thought jen liked the 3geez :(
and if you read this jen[hostiles hunny..or hottie whatever it was]
hey! its a better club then poker and the meets are better then a night at the strtip club!!! PLEEAAASSSEEEE can jim come out and play?!?!?

Johnny O
10-09-2003, 05:07 PM
That sticker was the least you could weight in that class with one power added.The car weights 2070 without me in it.

ghost_ny
10-09-2003, 05:16 PM
im interested int the november meets at NJ if my hub bearing is fixed by then. i got the hub, i just need the bearing. then i'll hook the juice up.

HostilesHoney
10-10-2003, 08:22 AM
ok, Jester can come out and play you WHINER!!! (j/K)

I don't have a problem with 3geez at all. it's just hard to juggle schdules with work and school and our daughter and blah blah...
set a date and time and we'll try our best to make it

Sean
10-10-2003, 08:40 AM
thats pretty slick johny your running almost 300WHP. not bad. your running 34 psi of boost though ? im currently at 200whp at just a tad over 12 psi. im aiaming for that mark at 22psi of boost. i did get a link to one of your time slips and the MPH was really high. like in the 130's. you should send me a few tiem slips. i am wondering if your having the same type of traction clutch problems etc. and BTW what clutch are you running ?

3G Jester
10-10-2003, 10:46 AM
thanks jen :D

Johnny O
10-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Sean ,I have about 400 whp.I have lots of tire spin off the line and top end from 2nd to 3rd gear.My clutch setup is a ACT clutch special hybid made especially for my car,because my sponsor me.

3G Jester
10-11-2003, 12:43 AM
alright guys :D pics are downloading right now....i sent em out to walamrt. came out great! they are online...im downloading to my computer and then uploading em to my webserver. ill post em tomorrow if i get a chance.

johnny....dont you think you should change your vehicle from "11 second 87 honda accord lx-i' to...'10.4 second accord" ? :D

Sean
10-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Johnny O
Sean ,I have about 400 whp.I have lots of tire spin off the line and top end from 2nd to 3rd gear.My clutch setup is a ACT clutch special hybid made especially for my car,because my sponsor me.

NOt being an ass but what type of dyno did you get a 400hp pull off of ? or is this being calculated souly from MPH. with the c/d of the car you ave weight of 175lbs and the weight of the car i come up with a bit better then 350hp with the MPH added in. Please do fill me in with who you talked to at act becuase when i call there to get info about a clutch everybody tunrs stupid in a heart beat. so if you can tell me or help me aquire a similar duty clutch it would be much appreciated.

im not trying to be an ahole but there conflicting info and im just trying to sort it all out. Aso what trans are you running and the final drive tire size etc. im just trying to understand the HP to boost ratio of this engine a bit clearer so i can predict my future boost CFM and etc etc requirements to break into the 11's with a full wieght car.

thanx again and if this is to long winded for this post just email me at [email protected]

3G Jester
10-11-2003, 11:45 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24970

alright kids. quit your bickering. theres some pics of that sexy a20

PhydeauX
10-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Hey maybe I'll get a car together and race at the next one. I was kinda disappointed at the bracket racing on oct 5th, doiuble brake outs with both drivers going over .5s to fast. Directed more to jonny, were the track condidtions chcanging that dramticaly? I was wishing I had shown up in the am and entered my jetta in the slow bracket. I might have had a chance to go a few rounds. If some one has a short block they can donate to the cause. I don't have a place where I can pull the motor and leave the car long enough to get a motor built. For insurance reasons the junkyard doesn't let us pull our own motors any more so I can't get a used one for $70.

andy

Coroncho80
10-12-2003, 02:05 PM
I could defenitely make it for the Nov 2nd. if you guys wanna show up. That's my weekend off and I wouldn't mind chillin with you guys. Remember, Nov 2nd and Nov 2nd only! :D

Johnny O
10-12-2003, 06:19 PM
The chasis dyno I use to tune my car gave me those hp reading.I use the stock tranny with a little mod.,and I use a 24.5 x 8 x13.I am sorry I can not gave my contact at ACT.

Sean
10-12-2003, 09:12 PM
The chasis dyno I use to tune my car gave me those hp reading.I use the stock tranny with a little mod.,and I use a 24.5 x 8 x13.I am sorry I can not gave my contact at ACT.

i was enquiring as to what brand of dyno it is. is it a dynojet ? a mustang ? theres alot of difference in power reading between the 2. also does it have an eddy current brake ? this stuff is important to know that why im asking.as for my car ive seen a 250WHP pull on a dynojet but a consitent 190hp on the mustang. judging by my et and MPH id say the mustang has it pegged.

3G Jester
10-12-2003, 09:26 PM
sean you just havent seen johnny run :D :super:

smufguy
10-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
sean you just havent seen johnny run :D :super:

Amen to that baby. :D

Sean
10-13-2003, 11:47 AM
doesnt matter all the et mph hp calculators i have say 350hp tops at the car wieght hes at.

smufguy
10-13-2003, 03:13 PM
i smell a turbo battle here :D. but yeah, johnny is a cool ass dude. And damn.......... his hardwork shows not only in the pics but in his personality and his car. More 3greers should be there to support him. :D

anyway, he is still in the process of boostin power and resolving some issues. I can see his progress and success in every race he goes to :D

3G Jester
10-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Sean
doesnt matter all the et mph hp calculators i have say 350hp tops at the car wieght hes at.

:confused:
weight = hp?!?!?

you lost me bro. i think you all just need to calm down. sean we all know how hard youve worked on your turbo. its fuckin awsome and your gonna make a lottoa of cash off of the kits from people on the board and elsewhere. but you dont have to really get so defensive abuot johnnys ride. his is strictly a drag racer with an ungodly amount of boost! you dont have to get into a pissing war about whos got a bigger......turbo......but just rejoice together in the fact that the a20 PWNS! you guys each have worked hard but on two different turfs. relax and just let that turbo blow off vlave blow off some steam :)

8ate8
10-13-2003, 04:50 PM
whenever you guys go to etown on a sunday, just let me know. you can see the beast of my tbird.. lol.

RobT5580
10-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Im gonna try this one but no promises due to my shitty semester at school. But would be nice to get some others to roll down and i will try to see if Lewis will go if i stop by his job soon.

Johnny O
10-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Sean it is a dynojet.

Sean
10-13-2003, 11:45 PM
thats makes sense. so the dynojet showed 400whp eh. ive seen similar sorts of misreads from dyno jets before. the problem is the more powerful the engine you pull on a dyno jet the worse the problem becomes. get a pull on a mustagn 650 dyno or beter. i think eastside dyno service is in your area. northern jryish right. tey could be in conecticut or somewhere near there. still ive been figuring with your ET mph thats your in the 325-350Whp range. all in all its pretty impressive. figuring that you lossing a chunk via the trans drive axles etc. id bet you closer to flwheel hp at 400 then Whp. dynojets do seem to give a flywheel HP rating were as the mustang seems to give super accurate WHP data. its just beig familiar with either one. if you were putting down 400whp at your current wieght etc. youd be knocking on low 10's. at close to 145mph. you need to hit me via email. i think i have a way to help with those traction problems.

smufguy
10-14-2003, 04:14 AM
But Sean he still has the STock 86-87 Intake manifold and stock tranny. That is making him loose some power right?

Sean
10-14-2003, 02:47 PM
no the intkake manifold isnt really a powe lose neither is the tranny. the tranny and axles wheel bearings etc are what we call a parasitic load. they require engergy to turn. so they will draw power from the engine etc to due that. as for the intake manifold. ive flowed it on my bench. at 400cfm its start to back up so i think ill be cuttig mine in half and porting the snot out of it. along with the head. id bet 10psi of the boost johhny is running is essentially going to waste.

smufguy
10-14-2003, 03:27 PM
but what about the dual stage intake manifolds on the 88-89? how do they flow compared to the 86-87?

Coroncho80
10-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Smuff, Sean and Johnny. Go and make another thread about all your turbo stuff. I'm gonna ask one of the mods to clean this thread up. I come here to see what's up with the meeting and all i find is sean, smuff and Jonhnny talking about times and speed ... :rant:

So, whats up with the meeting? is it happening or what??

smufguy
10-14-2003, 03:35 PM
its gonna happen my mexican friend. On Nov 2nd like said and nov 16 if u missed the first date.

Sean
10-14-2003, 08:10 PM
jessus we cant have a BS session. whats that shit about.

smufguy
10-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Sean
jessus we cant have a BS session. whats that shit about.
:lol :lol Maurice is just messed up sean dont mind him :wave: See you on NOV 2nd tho maurice. ;)

Johnny O
10-15-2003, 05:36 PM
The intake is a little restrive,an intake with short big runners and a large plemun with make the same hp with less boost.I am working one.Our intake ,even if you port and polish one is still smaller than a stock B series intake.

Sean
10-15-2003, 10:43 PM
The intake is a little restrive,an intake with short big runners and a large plemun with make the same hp with less boost.I am working one.Our intake ,even if you port and polish one is still smaller than a stock B series intake.

Actually killing off some low end TQ might not be such a bad thing in all honesty. at least in my case and yours. if your looking for shear runner plenum vloume gut a 88-89 2 stage intake. belive me your not gonna find a bigger internal volume anywhere. porting the runners is a good idea. still youve got to deal with the head. at the boost levels your at your biggest bottle neck is valve size and port cross sectional area. as stated again and again id be more then willing to share my head flow charts etc youve just got to email me.

Never mind i have my own flow bench

Johnny O
10-16-2003, 06:06 PM
So who is really going to these events?Is anybody else out ther going to bring out their cars or just talk about it.I will definitely be going on both events because someone has to show the 3rd gen.

3G Jester
10-16-2003, 07:29 PM
yo ill be at the nov 16th meet. im going to NYC for halloween. i doubt ill have the money to go back down to NJ 4 days later :rolleyes:
but ill see....

PhydeauX
10-16-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm planning on showing, but I won't be with my car. I don't have the time/money for it right now.. I want to finish my damn nova sometime this decade too.

andy

smufguy
10-17-2003, 05:37 AM
Sign ur asses up here fellas http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25230