PDA

View Full Version : passing emissions without most of the vacuum junk...

dysiu
10-08-2003, 06:51 AM
Hi everybody,

This thread: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23781 describes my problems with idle and all your suggestions. It seems like DanG86LX was right from the begginning. The intake gasked was bad. I didn't find the problem at first but after cleaning the engine from all the vacuum junk I noticed that it runs much better but still not healthy. That suggested that maybe lower vacuum demand alleviated the leaking gasket problem... So I bought another bottle of carb cleaner and took my time checking the area inch by inch.

They are planning to cancel VET testing in Louisville (they promised in October) but this is going on for some time and you never know. I'd like to pass it anyways if possible. I kept automatic chocke, vacuum advance, idle controller and secondary throttle still operates on vacuum. EGR pipes are still there too. I was wondering what's the biggest problem when passing emissions. If it's lack ot EGR system it shouldn't be so difficult to hook it up to pass the test. Maybe together with some magic fluids added to gasoline it would allow to pass the test...

So, my question is: What's the most important system that heps to pass emissions? Thanks.

A20A1
10-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Air jet controller
EGR Valve
AS Valve

dysiu
10-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Never mind guys. It seems like they cancel the testing in my county as od November 2003. Great!