PDA

View Full Version : Picking up an Accord tonight

MilTownSHO
10-08-2003, 08:48 AM
Well I happened to stumble across a third generation Accord for $50 bucks from my friend's cousin. He bought a newer car and doesn't drive it anymore and just wants it gone. It needs front brakes,the connection to the muffler is broken, and the sunroof leaks. Body isn't to bad, two minor rust spots and a little rear bumper damage. The car is a 5-speed with around 190k on it.

Good deal for the money? I figured anything that ran for $50 was a deal!

I know Honda's run a long time, but 190k is alot, what's the average life of a third gen Accord?

This car will be my winter car as I plan to put my SHO into storage sometime after this weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got the car, a few things, it only has 173k so that's a few less miles, the A/C still works!. Its a nice car for the money and I already beat someone in a race! :cool:

Seems to run really good, few things I need to work on, but for $50 bucks I would say I stole it!

I'm already learning alot just reading this board and I can't believe the aftermarket for this car!

Take it easy!:smokin:

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-08-2003, 09:19 AM
Welcome!!

Don't worry about problems.... 3rd gen Accords run forever and week or two, lol. Average lifespan for a well cared for 3rd gen...I'd say 400-500,000 miles with minimal repairs, and it would probably still go longer. The engines usually outlast the body of the car! haha Mine just turned 325,000 the other night, and still runs like brand new, literally. So as long as you take care of it, you got nothing to worry about :)

MilTownSHO
10-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
Welcome!!

Don't worry about problems.... 3rd gen Accords run forever and week or two, lol. So as long as you take care of it, you got nothing to worry about :)

Good thing, I just need it to make it through winter, then I'll more than likely sell it...

NXRacer
10-08-2003, 09:52 AM
damn, how come i can't find a deal like that!

A20A1
10-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Yeah if you decide to sell it, there are a few members that don't have 3g's that might be looking for one that runs...

Cyric_accord
10-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Hehe, your just an hour north of me dude... since I got to Parkside down here between Racine&Kenosha...

3geez run pretty, like Jared said... mine has lived in WI all it's life and just rolled 197K miles, mostly from factory parts... Hmm, I might have take a slight trip north to uh... "find" myself a sunroof :D Welcome dude

95ACCORDSIRYO.
10-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Tight . I Have a 89 And 95 Accord. I Plan to hood up da 95 Like crazy yo. Why you sellen it yo? Sale da SLO And keep da Accord, Trust me, You wont be disapointed. Peace.

deadlight
10-08-2003, 10:39 PM
You've never driven an SHO have you?

blazin3gen
10-08-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by deadlight
You've never driven an SHO have you?

ahaha aint that the truth the SHO aint no joke...

95ACCORDSIRYO.
10-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Man, Screw the SHO, i raced V8 SHO in my 95, Blasted that Foo, Its Just Taurus. a Slo Taurus.

MilTownSHO
10-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 95ACCORDSIRYO.
Man, Screw the SHO, i raced V8 SHO in my 95, Blasted that Foo, Its Just Taurus. a Slo Taurus.

I have a MINT 98 SHO (V8) in the garage at home also, while it is slower than the MTX SHO's (aka my 92) I'm calling complete BS on this one, sorry pal.

Unless you got some serious mod's I would really doubt it. What kinda of race was this? What do you have done to your "95"?

95ACCORDSIRYO.
10-08-2003, 10:55 PM
You wouldent stand a Chance In either SLO Yo, I Aint saying my Mods, Just come down my way and race me Foo, Ill make you wish You Neva Bought no SLO

deadlight
10-08-2003, 10:58 PM
This guy has seen the Fast and the Furious way too many times.

blazin3gen
10-08-2003, 11:02 PM
ahhahahaha yes yes he has

Dude i seriously doubt u beat a sho serious

deadlight
10-08-2003, 11:04 PM
He better be pushin 220 hp at the freakin wheels of "Da 95"

deadlight
10-08-2003, 11:31 PM
As I sat here and pondered your posts mr. ACCORDSIR95YO, I wondered, why won't you tell me what's under the hood of "DA95"? Would it just boggle my inferior mind? What could it possibly be that is so top secret that it cannot be released to the public? Could it be a cam? A chip? Or what if it was perhaps, NOS?
Because I don't know what I'd do if I heard there was a 95 Accord with NOS out there, probably shoot myself, I don't think I could handle it. Seeing as how I am a Ford supporter, I would like to know exactly what not only reeled in a Mustang as you worded it, smoked an MR2 in your Fast & Furious like post in racing stories, but could also smoke an SHO Taurus? I highly doubt you could, if you could, you would tell us what was in your engine bay right now without fear of ridicule because I myself would be proud of owning such a fast Accord that must be pushing 250 horses inorder to beat the cars you listed. Because Mustang GT's have 260 h.p. 4.6 liter engines, and I don't think you could ever reel one in as you said. Furthermore, if your Accord is really that "pimp" as you might word it, I know of a 3Gee that will put you to shame, you should talk to a guy around here named Sean, because he loves to shut down ricers like you.
Your talk is nothing if you can't back it up. Saying you won't say how "trick-daddy" your engine is does not back anything up, just makes you less believable. So I leave you with this. Peace out G mutha, represent the west siyeeed hardcore...Yo.

johndej
10-09-2003, 07:34 AM
$50 for a honda car, you can hardly beat that.

Vinny
10-09-2003, 07:39 AM
You wouldent stand a Chance In either SLO Yo, I Aint saying my Mods, Just come down my way and race me Foo, Ill make you wish You Neva Bought no SLO

Spoken like a true illiterate posterchild for "wanna be thugs annonymous"

That or Mr.T is on our sight now "I pitty da foo"

NXRacer
10-09-2003, 07:57 AM
i pittty da fool who takes him seriously and gets butt hurt because somebody said his honda's faster then a FORD.... :D

HostileJava
10-09-2003, 08:01 AM
I personally could't understand half of what he said. It's called freakin ENGLISH. Learn it.

deadlight
10-09-2003, 08:49 AM
No time for english when youze a gangsta yo. :)

95ACCORDSIRYO.
10-09-2003, 09:08 AM
No time for english when youze a gangsta yo. :)
Word

HostileJava
10-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Word

:lol He was making fun of you.

Yo. :lol

95ACCORDSIRYO.
10-09-2003, 09:21 AM
As I sat here and pondered your posts mr. ACCORDSIR95YO, I wondered, why won't you tell me what's under the hood of "DA95"? Would it just boggle my inferior mind? What could it possibly be that is so top secret that it cannot be released to the public? Could it be a cam? A chip? Or what if it was perhaps, NOS?
Because I don't know what I'd do if I heard there was a 95 Accord with NOS out there, probably shoot myself, I don't think I could handle it. Seeing as how I am a Ford supporter, I would like to know exactly what not only reeled in a Mustang as you worded it, smoked an MR2 in your Fast & Furious like post in racing stories, but could also smoke an SHO Taurus? I highly doubt you could, if you could, you would tell us what was in your engine bay right now without fear of ridicule because I myself would be proud of owning such a fast Accord that must be pushing 250 horses inorder to beat the cars you listed. Because Mustang GT's have 260 h.p. 4.6 liter engines, and I don't think you could ever reel one in as you said. Furthermore, if your Accord is really that "pimp" as you might word it, I know of a 3Gee that will put you to shame, you should talk to a guy around here named Sean, because he loves to shut down ricers like you.
Your talk is nothing if you can't back it up. Saying you won't say how "trick-daddy" your engine is does not back anything up, just makes you less believable. So I leave you with this. Peace out G mutha, represent the west siyeeed hardcore...Yo.
I Shouldent have to Prove myself Ligit to you guys Yo. But he is a List Mod of my car.

Comptech supercharger, comptech headers, comptech exhaust, AEM pulleys, comptech straigh cat. converter, AEM fuel management system, MSD ignition, APEX-i VTEC controller, B&M 5spd auto tranny, Zex torque converter, crower cams, camshaft, pistons, rods and titanium retainers, NOS nitrous oxide
Ground Control Coilovers, Tokico Illumina Shocks, Comptech sway bars, comptech front tie bar
These are da Mods fo my 95 Accord. Da mustang i said i raced was a 5.0 Full Option LX. That is a 3200 Pound car with a 205 Horsepower 5.0. i neva said anything about raceing No Modular 4.6 V8. Of course i would like to soon enough.
Peace yo.

HostileJava
10-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Now we want to see pictures! :lol With you in them!

Edit: Forgot to say "Yo :lol "

Vinny
10-09-2003, 10:33 AM
damn I need an ebonics translator or some crap.........YO
That or Mark needs to add a spell checker and a Bullshit detector to the site

HostileJava
10-09-2003, 10:42 AM
http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/translator.asp

Unfortionately it doesn't work in reverse.

Or:

Unfortionately it don' werk if reverse. Ya' dig?

Yo :lol

Vinny
10-09-2003, 10:49 AM
I hear what you are saying. Next time I come to your town you better know who you are dealing with or I'll stomp a mudhole in your ass and walk it dry

or

I hear what ya iz saying an' next tyme I come ta yo' hood ya bettah know who ya iz dealing wiff or I'll stomp uh mudhole in yo' ass an' walk it dry
Jus' like Orenthawl James.

WTF that means LOL:lol :lol :lol

deadlight
10-09-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry Mr. Blingin, 95ACCORDSIRYO, but you fail to prove to me that you are even worth an argument, I didn't think I could make fun of anyone more blatantly and not have them even notice it. I have reason to believe you are 13 and just rented the fast and the furious and thought it would be cool to come on here and see how intelligible/gangsta you can possibly cause maybe you might gain some cred here G mutha and own this board like the gangsta thug you aspire to be. I would like to know however...Do you know how much fun we normally make fun of riced out honda's with autoboxes around here? It's because we see right through you, your words cannot cover up your lack of skill or automotive know how, hell, your words definitely don't cover your lack of schooling in grammar or your reading comprehension seeing as I criticized you openly to your face and you just didn't get it. I do have one quick question for you however, your "automatic trannny" WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU GET 5 SPD. AUTOS FOR A 95?!?!?!? Sorry bud, I just don't believe that one. And I would be more than happy to help My Cousin Vinny stomp a mudhole in your ass, although I'm sure he could handle you on his own. I am a newbie by most people's standards but I think I definitely am off to a better start than you on this board. You do not fit in by going on about your riced out 95 w/o proof of it's existence all the while making outrageous performance claims. Because in all due respects, I don't want to hear your uneducated blabbering, take it somewhere else, because I might just have to stab someone if I heard the word yo one more time.

87accordlxi
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Please don't feed the trolls. I wouldn't want to see any of our good members getting in trouble over this.

MilTownSHO, good luck with your Accord!

95ACCORDSIRYO, if I were you, I would have probably used a different email address than one that starts with "YourHondaIsJunk" if I wanted to pretend I had a Honda.

Thread closed, this is pointless.