PDA

View Full Version : Weird Shudder

SteveDX89
10-08-2003, 09:36 AM
I don't know if this has been asked but I tried a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. When I'm driving along and I let off the gas to coast and then get back on it, my car shakes real bad. :huh: It doesn't do it between gear changes and if I push the clutch in before I hit the gas again, it doesn't do it. I'm thinking my clutch might be adjusted too tight but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?

shepherd79
10-08-2003, 11:23 AM
check your suspension. you may have something loose there.

SteveDX89
10-08-2003, 12:24 PM
I can hear stuff in my suspension clunking around but I think it's because of the shudder. I mean the whole car shakes pretty violently.

P.S. I know it's not supposed to make clunking noises. I'm fixing that in the spring.

2old_honda
10-08-2003, 05:17 PM
check your engine mounts

SteveDX89
10-09-2003, 02:02 AM
I was hoping no one would say that. Anyway, how do I go about checking them?

deadlight
10-09-2003, 02:08 AM
Well, I have an auto, but they should be the same, you have one on the driver's side right next to the cruise control module, you also have one dead center at the front of the car just behind the bottom of the radiator/fan, and you have a dogbone just to the passenger side of the intake manifold, it looks like what it's name gives it, somewhat of a dogbone running from the block(?) to the rear of the engine bay. That's all I can tell you off the top of my head, just make sure all the bolts are tight. Also, there should be two more mounts but I can't remember where they are off of the top of my head.

AZmike
10-09-2003, 02:55 AM
Also, there is a rubber hanger for automatics only on the transmission itself and another mount between the engine and transmission just above the steering rack. Rather than loose bolts I'd look for torn and cracked rubber or oil leaking from the front mount.

deadlight
10-09-2003, 02:58 AM
Shit I forgot to add that man, that's more likely than loose bolts. Thanks for the catch.

4sillypwr
10-09-2003, 07:57 PM
It can also be your inner cv joints sometimes. I would check the eingine mounts first though. If you have torn boots on you axles I would start there.