PDA

View Full Version : HID

Andrew
10-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Hey Guys

Just put a set of HIDs that I picked up on Ebay on my car and they look great. I didn't hook up the blue LEDs though, you're just lookin for a ticket around here if you hook up the blues. I was thinking of hooking them in with my driving lights so that I could turn them on and off.

3rd GEN
10-09-2003, 09:10 PM
hey Andrew
you got HID's.. really??
nice, i wanna get an HID set for mine too..
damn, we'll have to meet up so you can show me those things..

POS carb
10-10-2003, 09:31 AM
True HID's or hyperwhite bulbs (did you have to hook the lights up to a silver box?)
I've been trying to get a good system together but it's more of a pain in the ass than I thought trying to locate a good priced kit and the right bulbs (d2r, not d2s)
They make a world of difference either way!
:super:

MoonScryer
10-10-2003, 04:26 PM
POS: YOu want real HID's? Sylvania XenaArc system for 6054 bulbs. HID in a sealed beam. Price is $499 I think. Check their website.

Andrew
10-10-2003, 10:22 PM
They're probably hyper whites, I don't really know the difference to tell you the truth. They sure work great though. I picked them up on Ebay for $23 USD. With shipping, taxes and exchange they ended up costing me about $70 Cdn Dollars.

shepherd79
10-11-2003, 04:44 AM
yeah what you have is not even close to true HID lights.
only one person on this board has true HID and it is paulaerodeck from russia.

Andrew
01-10-2004, 07:33 AM
If you pick up a set of these lights be aware that they are not really well designed for pop up headlights, when the lights are down they will fill up with water on rainy days. The brand I picked up were Focuz

SteveDX89
01-10-2004, 07:46 AM
If you pick up a set of these lights be aware that they are not really well designed for pop up headlights, when the lights are down they will fill up with water on rainy days. The brand I picked up were Focuz

cdscowboy makes something to keep it from doing that. It's like a little roof. PM him. I think he wants like 20 bucks for them.

DBMaster
01-10-2004, 08:52 AM
If you pick up a set of these lights be aware that they are not really well designed for pop up headlights, when the lights are down they will fill up with water on rainy days.

The set I bought from Midnight Moose has never leaked water. That is caused by poor quality and/or design of the seals that cover the bulb openings.

shepherd79
01-10-2004, 09:15 AM
i bought two sets of H4 conversions and they leaked. bothe sets had day light bulb.
now i got H4 conversions without daylight and i haven't had any leaks since.

RobT5580
01-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Juan has HID's on his car also. I have the stuff to do mine but i got a bad ballast so im waiting to get another one. Im using all stuff from an Audi A6 and its made by Hella but im not spending $500 for a setup so i will be paitient and wait till i can get another ballast. So far if it works out this mod will only cost me some time to make the projectors fit the H4 Housings but it wont be easy cause the audi projectors are real deep.

cdscowboy
01-10-2004, 01:42 PM
cdscowboy makes something to keep it from doing that. It's like a little roof. PM him. I think he wants like 20 bucks for them.

Yep. $20 shipped anywhere in the continental US. PM me for details :)

DarknessRS
01-11-2004, 07:05 AM
yeah what you have is not even close to true HID lights.
only one person on this board has true HID and it is paulaerodeck from russia.

Oh yea, I totally forgot he had those on his car.

hondaman87
01-11-2004, 07:14 AM
what HIDs you have , you can put it on by using th base of the h4 bulb and put the HID on top of it and still use the clips from the h4 headlight and the rubber if you are using the stick style but if you are using the the one taht has a square box ion the back of the HID u have to make a loop for it to be secured and use dumdum to prevent water to leek inside I'll send pics of the process

RobT5580
01-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Oh yeah i forgot about Josias has them as well cause i saw him this past summer at the meet. Cant wait to see your car re-painted and the interior.