PDA

View Full Version : Glove Box Latch....buff question

Jdub07
06-21-2002, 09:04 AM
Took all the black paint off the latch so it is all crome looking, yet it isn't smooth. What do you use to buff out the tiny bumps? I know someone one here has their done....thanks

Whitie824
06-22-2002, 06:04 PM
I need to find a way to like tighten the glove box up because the lower half is kinda of loose and when I am at Idle at a stop light or driving with my subs it rattles like a mofo. I would like to kick the shit out of it because u know how u notice little things like that on your own car. Do I need a new one or can I tighten it

L Squared
06-23-2002, 12:55 PM
I just did this last week! My problem was that one of the screws that held the hinges in place was loose. I dunno if this the cause of your problem but i'll tell ya how i fixed mine in hopes of helping you out.

look under your glovebox. There's a peice of plastic moulding there with 3 screws ( I think). Remove those screws. The open your passenger door. At the end ofo that same strip of moulding there's a little platic cap. Pop the cap off and another screw should be exposed. Remove that screw. Now the hinges should be exposed and you should be able to tighten the hinges.

-Lē