PDA

View Full Version : ProCarPart gauge ???

AccordSEi
06-21-2002, 10:46 AM
Someone was telling me that you do not have to remove the fuel/temp gauge needles when putting these gauges on. This true. I already ruined one gauge set when I tried to remove the needles to put my homemade faceplates on.

shepherd79
06-22-2002, 04:55 AM
you don't have to remove them. i did on mine, it went on just fine. just be careful not to break them.
you don't need to take any arrows at all. got tech and speedometer just take screws out and slide this sucker in, putt the screws back and boom you are done with them. for the F/T gauge you wil need somekind glue. i used something, there waren't any label on it( my friend gave me). but i had 15 minutes to play with them before the glue hardens. I would not recoment superglue, unless you know what you are doing.
get something that will give you like 10-15 minutes to adjust them.
good luck.

89NinjaAccordLX
06-22-2002, 06:34 AM
You have to remove either the fuel or the temp gauge to get it on. Unless you're 86-87 and the needles point out. I have an 89LX and the needles point inward. It is impossible to get the fuel/temp gauge on without taking off one needle.

shepherd79
06-24-2002, 04:30 AM
i did without taking them off. and they went on just fine.
just play with them

carlessNcareless
06-25-2002, 08:43 PM
i tried to take off mine, and now i have a broken temp guage, a over-jumpy tach, and a speedometer thats way off

killerb09
06-27-2002, 04:05 AM
use 2 butter knifes....
to pop the needles off...your natural tendency when using your fingers is to twist...you do this adn you'll break them...

you HAVE to remember where the stock location of each gauge needle is to keep it accurate...like do ONE gauge at a time...

I did this and it worked alright althoguh my gas tank now is empty when it just hits the red...lol