PDA

View Full Version : Get an alarm!

neoblue89lxi
10-10-2003, 10:07 PM
I go to college here in Florida and left my car in the parking garage. My first mistake is assuming that I had left my car in a safe location. At 7pm I go to leave and notice there are only a few cars left in the garage. Once I reach the third level I see my passaenger door wide open with a huge holi in the glass. These assholes punched through my passenger window and stole my pioneerr radio by prying it out. While doing so they cracked my dash and chipped up the black housing around the radio. I am sort of lucky they didn't get my amp and sub which would have been 700 bucks out of my pocket. I just wanted to tell you guys not to trust anything anywhere and if your thinking of getting an alarm it will be worth it. Also is it possible to replace just the black housing around the radio on the dash? Here is a pic so you know what I'm talking about. Thanks

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393638_14_full.jpg

kicker1_solo
10-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Damn, that sucks man, such a nice deck that you had too. Yeah it is possible to replace that black piece. I have a nice alarm that I'll sell you for $80 shipped, paid $200 for it but I'm in need of cash. Sorry to hear that though guy, hate it when that happens. :(

89AcCOrDmike
10-10-2003, 11:34 PM
fuckin thieves they can eat shit

Art 1
10-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Almost no matter where I am, I always lock my car, roll the windows up all the way, and 99.99999999% of the time take off my face plate. Depending on how dirty my car is/ the location I am parked is where I hide the face plate.

NXRacer
10-14-2003, 11:25 AM
yeah i know what you're talking about. Somebody broke into my car before i bought it and they broke the dash in the corner right above the lighter. After my car got broken into when i had it i told the insurance company that they broke it when they stole my radio and they wanted to TOTAL my car because the dealer cost of replacing the dash was like 70% of the resale value of the car. :huh: So they ended up opting to give me like a $200 compensation for it instead. I've been wanting to replace my dash, but i dont know if it want to take on that project.

Vanilla Sky
10-14-2003, 12:17 PM
replacing the whole dash isn't that big of a deal... 11 nuts/bolts, some wiring harnesses, and it's out... reverse and it's back in.. no biggie... i've done it so many times it's not funny

as for getting an alarm, every car i will ever own will have one on it... and with how easy a 3gee is to break into (and why do they target our cars), i definately will be getting one if i get another 3gee

POS carb
10-15-2003, 05:00 AM
same exact thing happened to me, dented dash and everything, only in a busy mall at 1:00pm. Unbelievable, I was only gone 5-10 minutes... the puddle from the A/C of the getaway car was fresh... I was soooooo pissed. My amps were spared :bow:

<edit> oh yea they shut the door... how considerate. And they forgot the remote too. I found pieces of spark plug ceramic on the windshield wiper<edit>