PDA

View Full Version : New Engine is here... woohoo!

Project-LXi
10-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Well, I got my new engine today! Its a B18c1. I got the entire swap including axle, distributer, wiring harness, tranny, clutch etc for $2,500 USD! Only thing missing is ECU, which is ok because im gonna put in an aftermarket one anyway, and I need to replace the tranny cover because it is broken. It all came off a wrecked Teg GSR and has about 35,000 mi on it. Im gonna order I/H/E as well as a pulley kit and an intake manifold for it, at the very least at this point. I'll post pix as soon as I can borrow my work's digital camera.

89AcCOrDmike
10-10-2003, 11:38 PM
woah two matt's with B-series...you guys should start a club

Project-LXi
10-11-2003, 02:34 PM
Oh and a side note, I have decided not to supercharge it because Im aiming for a reliable street setup.

toastyghost
10-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Not just B-series.. two Matts with GSR!

NXRacer
10-11-2003, 05:47 PM
fuck a supercharger. i've seen all kinds of supercharged tegs/civics and they suck ass. if you're going forced induction, go turbo. no question. just my $.02

zero.counter
10-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by toastyghost
Not just B-series.. two Matts with GSR!
Used to be two Matts, now only one. The other Matt <<*@*>> or whatever sold his accord with the parts from what Ghetto told me.

bobafett
10-11-2003, 06:31 PM
i thought matt had b18c5.. lol if not then i dont see what the big fuss was about matt(not to play down ur engine, but for some reason i though he had c5)

congrats and i hope the swap goes well! pics pics pics! :D

SteveDX89
10-11-2003, 06:44 PM
The other's guy name wasn't even Matt, it was Mike. He always posted his name was Matt because of all the Mike's on the board. Crazy dude.

88LXi68
10-12-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Project-LXi
Well, I got my new engine today! Its a B18c1. I got the entire swap including axle, distributer, wiring harness, tranny, clutch etc for $2,500 USD! Only thing missing is ECU, which is ok because im gonna put in an aftermarket one anyway, and I need to replace the tranny cover because it is broken. It all came off a wrecked Teg GSR and has about 35,000 mi on it. Im gonna order I/H/E as well as a pulley kit and an intake manifold for it, at the very least at this point. I'll post pix as soon as I can borrow my work's digital camera.

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but the axles are useless for our swap so sell them so you can buy PRI ones. The distributer is ok if you plan on making your car OBD-1, which you either need a custom wire harness or buy PRI's conversion. Otherwise you need an OBD-0 distributor. Either way OBD-0 or OBD-1 you will need PRI's conversion harness. BUT, since you have a GS-R you have the intake manifold with secondary runners, so OBD-0 is no good for you. Either you buy a Skunk2 intake manifold or convert to OBD-1. Also, that tranny is useless because it is hydro activated clutch, you need a cable activated clutch so you have to find a cable tranny. But wait theres more.....you need to get a b18a1 or B16a1 5spd intermediate shaft b/c the PRI axles only work with those. AND....the throttle cable from your accord can not be used, you need an Integra LS one. Another solution to your problems is get a B16 head so you can eliminate the intake manifold problem, throttle cable, and obd issues.

So now that you jumped into a swap that you havent researched, you are going to have a great time messing around with everything. I advise you before going any further....do a search and find as much info as possible, because you are going to get a lot of headaches from this swap. In the end though...its worth it.

You can thank "Matt" for some of this info.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-12-2003, 08:34 AM
I thought -<-<Matt>->-had an H22 in the works, 2.2 killer.

88LXi68
10-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Ohh here is a good thread...CLICK HERE FOR GSR SWAP INFO (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17520)

bobafett
10-12-2003, 09:06 AM
mike since it kill's 2.2s its not a 2.2..... like if i called my car the civic killer. it would not be a civic... but i could see how u though h22a

Project-LXi
10-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by 88LXi68
I dont mean to burst your bubble, but the axles are useless for our swap so sell them so you can buy PRI ones. The distributer is ok if you plan on making your car OBD-1, which you either need a custom wire harness or buy PRI's conversion. Otherwise you need an OBD-0 distributor. Either way OBD-0 or OBD-1 you will need PRI's conversion harness. BUT, since you have a GS-R you have the intake manifold with secondary runners, so OBD-0 is no good for you. Either you buy a Skunk2 intake manifold or convert to OBD-1. Also, that tranny is useless because it is hydro activated clutch, you need a cable activated clutch so you have to find a cable tranny. But wait theres more.....you need to get a b18a1 or B16a1 5spd intermediate shaft b/c the PRI axles only work with those. AND....the throttle cable from your accord can not be used, you need an Integra LS one. Another solution to your problems is get a B16 head so you can eliminate the intake manifold problem, throttle cable, and obd issues.

So now that you jumped into a swap that you havent researched, you are going to have a great time messing around with everything. I advise you before going any further....do a search and find as much info as possible, because you are going to get a lot of headaches from this swap. In the end though...its worth it.

I know the axles arnt going to work in their current condition, they were thrown in for free, If we can get them remachined to work, thats great else we will buy PRI ones. The tranny will work because we going to convert to hyd clutch.

On a side note, I am doing the swap with an engineer who has worked on engine swaps for over 30 years, Im sure we will encounter a few problems, but it wont be anything we cant handle, thanks a lot for the info tho as im sure it will save us a lot of time.

At lunch today I will be taking pix of the engine and posting them in accord pix section. I'll keep everyone updated as the progress of the swap goes along.

Project-LXi
10-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by bobafett
i thought matt had b18c5.. lol if not then i dont see what the big fuss was about matt(not to play down ur engine, but for some reason i though he had c5)

congrats and i hope the swap goes well! pics pics pics! :D

Here ya go (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25039)

Project-LXi
10-16-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68

As for the OBD issue, - going to convert everything to OBD-1. Weve decided it would be foolish to go any other route. Will do the custom work on the wire harness @ home :D

Wont be getting to the swapage till about a month from now, as it will take some time for the aftermarket parts to come in. Just thought Id keep you guys posted.