PDA

View Full Version : how do i replace my passenger's window? please help

neoblue89lxi
10-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Someone punched through my passenger's side window and stole my cd player. I'm getting a window from the junkyard today and want to know how hard is it replace a window. I know you have to get the door panel off but how do you do that without breaking any of the clips? Would it be worth it for me to par someone else 75 bucks to do it. Also how do you replace the black thin plastic panel around the radio because that is brocken too. The chiped it up and cracked it whilr prying out my radio. The panel i'm talking about is pictured below and it has a couple chips already as you can see. That radio is nomore too so please help.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393638_14_full.jpg

DBMaster
10-11-2003, 12:16 PM
The same thing happened to my dashboard when they tried to steal my CD player only mine isn't as bad as yours. That is part of the dahs, unfortunately and can't be replaced separately. I ad to replace my window because that was broken as well. A door panel removal tool makes it much easier to pop the plastic snap clips without breaking them. You can buy the tool for about $5 at any auto parts place. You will have to remove the interior door trim and pull back the clear plastic sheeting to access the inside of the door. Be prepared to vacuum a lot of broken glass out of the bottom of your door. There are basically two bolts that thread into parts that will be attached to the bottom of the side glass. I actually bought a brand new side glass for $75 when I did mine. Saved the trouble of locating one in a wrecking yard. You shouldn't have to pay more than $25 for one in a wrecking yard.

neoblue89lxi
10-11-2003, 01:03 PM
Where do you need to slide the tool in to get the clips out? Do you know about how many there are? Thank you so much for the information!

neoblue89lxi
10-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Also, is the dash one solid peice or can i get the hard plastic bottom section apart from the top vinyl section?

MrBen
10-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Oh for God's sakes. Pull on the door panel. If you don't pull like a *itch you won't break them. I have done it many times and all my plastic clips are still there.

MrBen
10-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Also for the black piece, just get some plastic filler at the auto parts store and do like it says. Then paint it. That is what I did to mine.

neoblue89lxi
10-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Thanks man. Is it hard to get the door to snap back on the clips?

MrBen
10-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Sometimes it is, but when that happens I just feel where the clip is and hit it hard, and it pops back on.

DBMaster
10-12-2003, 04:15 PM
You are lucky in that Honda uses plastic inserts in the doors and "snaps" in the door panel. You actually cann pull them out as Ghetto says. I like my door panel tool, but either will work.

The filler idea is a good one. If I ever have some time on my hands I might go for it because the area we are talking about is part of the dash and does not separate from the rest of it.