PDA

View Full Version : Finally Painting My Interior With Krylon Fusion

HondaBoy
10-11-2003, 02:49 PM
hey, now ive been meaning to do the rest of my interior to match my seats and arm rests. as some of y'all know, when i got my prelude seats i did them black along with my back seat. and the arm rests in the front and back went red. well, its not too great haveing all brown interior pieces with red and black fabrics. so today, i decided to get up off my lazy ass and give my car its well deserved attention. i bought 3 cans of krylon fusion red pepper. it seems to be nice and bright. ive only done the top plastic/rubber piece thats under the window and the arm rest. those were from the back seat. im going to do the rest cuz i still have the rest of the evening. so far what ive done turned out to look realy nice and it also dried fast. i brought the pieces into my house to dry a bit faster after i could touch them. luckly, the paint dries realy fast and doesnt smell up the house. i guess thats cuz its fast drying? anyway, im hoping i have enough to do every thing im planning to do thats easy to take off. i may just leave the door panels off for a bit until i can do the fabric on them. hopefully, i will get to do them today with fabric dye. the top fabric by the arm rest will be red, and the bottom part is going to be black. should turn out realy nice when its done. im still trying to decide whether or not to do anything to the white plastic pieces(parts on the pillars). they are an off white. red may be too much for them, but then again, i will have to see how it looks with black and red around it. personally i dont think it would look too bad, but i will have to look at it and think about it. i may decide to get a new headliner. i wanted to get a vinal like one that came in some 3gees. mine is alright, but a little messed up from one of my friends trying to push my roof up. also, i wanted to get the vinal sun visors and possibley color match them with everything. that will either be red to match the bottom, or maybe red if i do the pillars red. im going to take pix when its done, so y'all be ready for that.

HondaBoy
10-11-2003, 10:11 PM
this damn humidity is making the drying time slow! ive only got the plastic on the back doors done, tomorrow, i will try doing the front. i might do the fabric if i have the time. its going slow cuz im trying to get every thing done right the first time and not get all messed up and sloppy looking.

HondaBoy
10-17-2003, 07:35 AM
ok. now its been 5 days since i painted my interior with Krylon Fusion. all of my hard plastic pieces turned out realy nice and dried with a hard finish that doenst scrape off. the vinal part that is on the top of the door panel by the window isnt doing as well. it still isnt dried like it should be. its kinda gummy. im hoping that it will dry out and be nice. the applications for the paint were for all types of plastic and vinal and other things. so it should be good for the vinal. i cleaned it well and let it dry before i painted it.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-17-2003, 08:12 AM
You should post some pics b/c I will post this thread in a prelude thread b/c they were discussing usings krylon fusion to paint seats and interior items.

-Mike

Justin86
10-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Shit I need to finish painting my interior. I got the back half done but I have been so busy no time for the front.

lightbulblxi
10-18-2003, 09:21 PM
i used some stuff from wally world called trim paint. worked great.

HondaBoy
10-24-2003, 11:10 PM
well, ive given the vinal i sprayed with krylon fusion 2 weeks to get dry. its still tacky and is easy to accidently scrape off with anything like finger nail or anyother hard thing that comes in contact with it. also, every thing sticks to it, like dust and stuff in the air. ive decided it worked well on all the hard plastic i did. it worked ok on what metal i did spray with it (only the speaker grilles and metal parts of the back door ash trays). i measured the vinal pieces and gave them some room to be a bit too long. im just going to recover them with some nice marine vinal in red. im getting it tomorrow if nothing comes up. as for the fabric that is still brown, its going to go black. i might as well do that also since i will have the door panel off. i can also do whatever touch-ups are needed. if i have enough paint, i guess i will do the plastic pieces on the pillars. this weekend is supposed to be dry, so hopefully it will also be sunny enough to take some pix. as for my dash, i may use Duplicolor vinal/fabric dye. it worked realy well on the vinal that is on the back of my prelude front seats. it hasnt faded or scraped off.

Leviathant
11-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Mods, perhaps this is snarky of me, but is there a way to filter the word "vinal" so that it gets posted as "vinyl"? ;)

Definitely post pictures when you get a chance, I'm curious to see how this all comes out, it sounds nice!

wprocomp
11-04-2003, 10:47 AM
pics,pics,pics!!

AccordArizona89
11-04-2003, 07:42 PM
yeah i have the same sticky problem. but i kept out my back seat so no one touches it lol. still looks clean as hell. my doors are just the same as honda boys now that i look at it. GOOD JOB! haha. i even painted my bezel gauges. it came out soo clean (ghetto huh). peace

HondaBoy
11-05-2003, 02:54 PM
i posted the pix here
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25673