PDA

View Full Version : same results after vac removal

pratman
10-11-2003, 03:05 PM
I recently did the vac removal keeping the choke and vac secondary. The reason I did it was because the engine would smoke and refuse to idle even after trying to adjust all 3 screws that control idle and also fouled my plugs. Anyway, it is dooin the same thing after removal. I thought the problem might be the choke, so when I removed the choke plate the engine starts up quick as it should, but the rpms just race up to 3000 rpm, tried tapping the gas, no change. Checked the float level and it is dead center, sprayed for leaks and there are none. I tried to change my pcv valve but even with alot of force it wouldnt pop out. Could a faulty pcv cause this?

DanG86LX
10-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Check if ur throttle is kept slightly opened by Fast Idle Cam
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23607
It is the choke's (bimetallic spring + heater) job to retrieve Fast Idle Cam when u blip the gas!
So what did u remove from choke system ?

pratman
10-12-2003, 01:57 PM
well, checked all cables, nothing is sticking, so i just temp have the choke set slightly open with a zip tie and it at leasts idles at around 1000 now all the time. I noticed the gasket of my intake manifold was all warped where it was not bolted, so I guess I have alot of work ahead of me (explains the excess air)