PDA

View Full Version : Silvania Silverstars?

Hash_man_Se_i
10-11-2003, 05:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone has these? We should be getting some in to work this week and I think I may pick them up. cuz my headlights are shit right now.

zero.counter
10-11-2003, 05:42 PM
What version, the OEM headlight or H4 upgrade bulb? Either way, they are a cleaner white, more than Sylvania Cool Blue for sure.

k-roy
10-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Thats what I have currently, you might as well do a H4 upgrade. The H4 setup is brighter and can be done for less than $100

iiviasterp
10-11-2003, 08:32 PM
i have silver stars in my hatchback and i would have to say that they are fairly nice headlights, they are alot brighter then stock, and do have a nice blue tint to them....as far as the price i dont know how nice they are for the price, i luckily got mine for free....as far as my accord, i have diamond cut headlight conversion with catz bulbs, and they are bright, and are a rainbow color at night, pretty sweet....

Hash_man_Se_i
10-11-2003, 11:51 PM
What version, the OEM headlight or H4 upgrade bulb? Either way, they are a cleaner white, more than Sylvania Cool Blue for sure.

I am talking about the oem style sealed beam headlights. Where can I get the H4 conversion? I am getting paid this week, so maybe it would be worth it.

X-Lr8
10-13-2003, 04:19 PM
i have a set of h4's in my car 88 accord lxi they are nice they are clean white light and way bright you can pick them up from www.jcwhitney.com i would reccomend the Hella 6x8 H4 lights over there generic brand but either will yeild a pleasing result im running 80/100 watt bulbs. but i also chose to upgrade my wiring with a custom built harness from http://www.rallylights.com/ they were very kind and knowledgeable it basically consisted of 2 relays and a fuse block i used the original headlight wires to trigger the relays which were tied into the Battery. then ran them straight to the headlights i did this because i noticed that my lights went putting out adaquite voltage to get the result i wanted. its a little bit of work. (took me about one afternoon at a cautious pace) to do it but i belive it was well worth it..

*** NOTE you will have to buy seperatly a set of H4 Bulbs to go with these glass reflectors

Current Price
www.jcwhitney.com as of 10/13/03 @ 5:23pm PST
P/N: 15ZX7018Y
6" x 8" High-performance Halogen Headlight Each $39.99

As far as H4's go i would say either site susq or jcwhitney are good susq sometimes has lower prices.

they range from $6.99 - $15.99 per bulb

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?Dx=mode+matchall&productId=5316&catalogId=10101&Ntx=mode+matchallany&langId=-1&storeId=10101

thats the URL to there H4 lights on jcwhitney

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/standard_bulbs.asp
Thats the URL to Susquehanna Motorsports they have good products for a cheaper price if u dont mind (non mainstream sites)

Any other questions let me know...

MattsAccord
10-13-2003, 10:54 PM
I have the sealed beam one and I like them alot. When one of my lights burnt out last time I put in some that were like cool blue or something well they sucked. I got these and put one in and left the other in and compared. Big difference. I don't know I paid $50 bucks for them And I like them alot. Also if your expecting blue then you don't want them because there white, super white.

87accordlxi
10-14-2003, 11:04 AM
I just went with the Cool Blues, and they were noticably brighter than stock. Plus they appear whiter, not blue at all. Which I was very happy about.

cdscowboy
10-15-2003, 02:40 AM
If I were you, I'd get the H4 conversions. Just a crisper light. Make sure it's a glass lens...I've heard of people's fading to a light yellow, though I have yet to see that on mine. I personally shelled out for PIAA Xtreme Whites, which are VERY nice...and white. I don't like the blue. But if you're going for the blue, they have Super Whites (something like that...next model down). They'll run you about $40-70 at your local shop, or look around online.

If you do end up getting the H4s, it'd be a good idea for you to get the conversion covers I make. Let me know if you want more info. (I do have some feedback in Marketplace)

Hash_man_Se_i
10-16-2003, 04:27 PM
We finally got some of the silverstars in at work. I think im gonna pick some up this weekend.

Fritz the Cat
10-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Got a set of Silverstars... had 'em for about two weeks now. Paid $65 Canadian for 'em. Nice and white, flat even light pattern on the road. You can't even see the individual bulb projections. And they light up the side of road awesome, especially on high beam. If you're looking for some great looking headlights without springing for HID's, these are the babies.

Swan
10-17-2003, 04:57 PM
hey guys... I've got a set of the silverstars...h4 conversion... they are sweet! just curious, where can I score a HID setup? I know they're a couple of hundred dollars.... maybe more... but how much more improvement will they give me? I may just keep with what I got now... I'm happy with it, and don't need to replace them yet....

Hash_man_Se_i
10-17-2003, 05:35 PM
HID's arent worth it IMO... especially because in most cars, the light housing is not designed for them, and this makes them not work right... so most likely you would be better off just keeping the silverstars, especially cuz HID's are so expensive.

Just my 2 cents.