PDA

View Full Version : LX(i) Door armrest

87DXHatch
06-21-2002, 12:04 PM
Does anyone on here have a drivers side 4 door Lx or Lxi arm rest that has all the switches on it that they could sell to me?

Main question: Can I hook other stuff other than factory up to the switches? My plan is to install Power locks and power quarter windows and use the front left and right power window switches on the rest for the left and right door locks, and use the back left and right switches for the back power quarter panels.

Would custom wiring everything in be difficult? Will this armrest screw into the holes my other armrest will leave when I take it out? I noticed they are fatter than the stock DX armrests.

Lastly, if anyone can find one in stock blue, that would be dope as hell.

Peace

carotman
06-21-2002, 03:48 PM
I personaly installed Power windows and locks in a DX. the Power window armrest will not bolt in the stock places, the top screw goes farther to the front of the car, so it would leave a dent....

87DXHatch
06-21-2002, 08:01 PM
Well, do you have any suggestions for me then? I want to keep it as factory looking as I possibly can.

carotman
06-22-2002, 06:28 AM
Get the LX-i complete door trim.

You won't have any leftover holes. However, you'll have to drill yourself a hole for the manual window.. I'm not sure if the handle will clear the armrest tough.

87DXHatch
06-22-2002, 02:42 PM
Maybe I could just convert my driver's side window to power? Is that hard to do?

Thanks for the feedback.