PDA

View Full Version : lucky me...found a welder

89AccordHatch
10-12-2003, 05:14 PM
OK, so im talkin to my friend at work about 3 geez and all the stuff id like to do to my car..and how welding is usually the problem due to things having to be custom made. Hes a huge car freak(american cars only) and i mentioned that i was going to need somone to weld on my exhaust when i get it..."i have a welder bro" he sais " iv been welding for years, i'll do it for ya for free." now thats not where it ends.....we got deeper into the convo. and i mention the dcoe manifolds that id like to get done...i explain to him what needs to be done..."I can do that no problem" and how much do you think he'll charge me? NOTHING! just the cost of supplies! if i can toss him some money for the trouble i will cuz hes a friend, but he seems damn confident that he can do it no problem, which meens that 3gee'ers arent gunna have to spend 500 and up for manifolds..i'll just get him to do it!

zero.counter
10-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Sweet deal! How much do you think it will cost for supplies?

89AccordHatch
10-12-2003, 05:24 PM
i dunno...that 1 part of the stock manifold, aluminum runners and flanges that connect to the webers. better ask phydeaux...he'd know. oh and shipping(back and forth). Im all tingly just thinkin about it, custom manifolds for damn-near nothing.

A20A1
10-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah I usually weld for people... I need the practice. And I usually only charge for supplies... but after I'm done they buy me lunch or something. It's all good. :D

zero.counter
10-13-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
Yeah I usually weld for people... I need the practice. And I usually only charge for supplies... but after I'm done they buy me lunch or something. It's all good. :D
Damn, I wish I lived in Hawaii :(

NXRacer
10-13-2003, 03:43 PM
i just had a brain fart......is it possible to cut the stock manifold and TIG weld a turbo flange onto it?? regular mig can't weld cast iron to regular iron (or any cast for that matter) but cant a TIG weld dissimilar metals together??

zero.counter
10-13-2003, 03:56 PM
The TIG welder can weld dissimilar metals, but more of a chance of discontinuities occuring with them being so like maybe some incomplete fusions (shitty jobs or air spaces between weld metal and fusion faces for those who don't know)