PDA

View Full Version : Info: swapping coupe interior to sedan

POS carb
10-13-2003, 08:20 AM
thanks to Angel for the SEi stuff
I grabbed the stuff knowing I was in for a challenge but mainly for the front seats.
The front seats inner rails (closest to ebrake) would not line up at the rear bolt, however this was solved by swapping the rails. I had to swap both b/c on my 87 LX only 1 rail locks up, on the SEi ones they both lock and if you remove the inner one the outer one won't unlock on the SEi seat.

The rear seats are close but not exact.
The backrest seems to be about 1 inch too wide to fall into the hinges, lines up fine though, also the side bolsters need to be removed for clearance, the seat portion is a good fit but does not go all the way up to meet the backrest, there's a good 3 inch gap right over the gas tank. Thinking of converting this into a bass port/slot.

Doors... rear is obvious, I tried to modify the panel to fit on the door (they have little storage doors built in) but that is looking to be a huge pain in the ass. The front doors I was able to trim and adapt by cutting out the leather and applying it to my door panel. You have to be carefulk though b/k the holes for the armrest mounts and window switches are off. I ended up with a 1" hole on the driver door behind the armrest b/c of the old mounting points

I'll try to get some pics but the leather interior is awesome, I have to find a 4-door with this color!! I'm probably just going to take my LX rear seats to get reupholstered in similar leather, that way everything lines up.
:super:

da6integra
10-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Im glad u were happy with the interior.... Cant wait to see pics of the finished product..
Angel

HondaBoy
10-16-2003, 02:58 PM
hmm. sounds good. i was wondering about a coupe interior fitted into the sedan also. i wanted to put the rear shelf from a coupe into my sedan because it looks cleaner where the speaker sits on it.