PDA

View Full Version : Strange engine problem, does anyone know what it is?

KaMiKaZeE
10-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Ok this is pertaining to my carbed 3g which I don't normally drive now that I have my LX-I, but I want to keep it in good shape to use as a backup car. Here is it's engine problem: It starts up just fine and idles perfectly, but when I rev it, there is a middle rpm range where it hesitates and is just sputtering and trying to die and has no power. Once I can get it over that range, it is fine again all the way to the rev limit, and like I said, at idle and low rpms it is also fine. Why is this happening only in the mid-range rpms? Does anyone know what it is? Any accurate info is appreciated.

k-roy
10-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Retune the carb. There is a howto on that.
I reccomend removing the vaccum/emissions system (only if you do not have an e-check), there is also a howto on that. If that does not fix it you may have to rebuild the carb.

goldyaccord
10-15-2003, 09:23 AM
I had the same problem. you need to rebuild the carb. It's quite easy. Just make sure you remember which goes where.

Get a Gasket and float kit from a autoparts store. have alot of carb cleaner and dust blower in a can. The carb consists of three major parts. Along with all the bits and pieces.

good luck