PDA

View Full Version : rear bumper removal???

Immeraufdemhund
10-13-2003, 10:48 AM
I was looking on here to find out how to remove my rear bumper on my 87 lxi hatch. Goodness having a hard time finding that again. I'm downloading pauls thing. how do i do it?

shepherd79
10-13-2003, 11:41 AM
do you need to remove the plastic cover or the metal bumper hind it?

bladekid
10-13-2003, 03:10 PM
When I took mine off(86 hatch) I had to first get the little metal piece that goes all across the car's rear end between the taillights and the bumper. To get that off you have to unbolt it from the inside of the car, after taking off inside plastic cover.

Then there are like 5-6 bolts you'll see after that piece is off. Plus the ones at the mudflaps

Immeraufdemhund
10-14-2003, 01:09 PM
ok wel i found out.. needed to take off the plastic part, but wanted all of it. I knew that to get just the plastic part it's a 10000 times easier to take off the whole bumper then take off the plastic then trying to get all the bolts and take off the plastic. But here's what i did. I downloaded the picture manuel. and on my 87 hatch i had to loosen 4 14mm bolts that hold on the two loops for i think towing purposes. I next took off the skrews holding the plastic to my rear fender wall thingy. and it pops right off. Oh yah i did this to put on a hitch..... cut cut cut, weld weld weld...and away i tow. (hehehe, tow and go...) thanx though

k-roy
10-14-2003, 01:40 PM
That is exactly how I removed the bumper on my sedan, with the exception or removing a trim piece. Just wanted to throw than in case anyone else was curious.
What are you trying to tow with the 3g? Not much I hope.