PDA

View Full Version : Drop a B16 Engine in an 88 Accord DX

PerformanceNewbie87
10-13-2003, 08:57 PM
My accord needs alot of work, but the first thing i want to do is drop a nicer engine in it, so i need to begin the savign process and i was wondering how much it all would cost me. I know already that there is a lot to do in order to drop it in, but what i want to know is what do i need? and if possible, prices on these parts...thanx everyone. i will have some pictures of my car soon. gotta get my camera workin again....:wtf:

Thanks again :werd:

deadlight
10-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Okay, first of all this should be in engine swaps. Second off, you'll need to do alot more work than others would lead you to believe, it doesn't just go right in there, you're carbed first off, so you'd need to swap to fuel injection, and then you need new motor mounts, I don't know what else to tell you, like prices or anything, but have you considered building up your stock motor? Don't carry on this preconceived idea that vtec is better, you can make good power with this engine. Other than that, check the engine swap section, they can tell you all this, type in B16A swap in the search button.

shepherd79
10-14-2003, 03:34 AM
you don't need B16. the total cost for you would be away over $5K. it is enough money to buy a turbo and ECU kit from sean, and you still have enough money for gas for one year.

deadlight
10-14-2003, 09:40 AM
And that turbo kit would annhilate a B16 Accord, unless you tuned the B16 accord, I think Sean was pushing over 300 lb. ft. of torque. Clutch shattering territory.

PerformanceNewbie87
10-16-2003, 12:41 PM
ok. thanks guys. i am reconsidering this all now....lol turbo, hmmm...... yea maybe ill do that, but i gotta start saving up, cuz i want to do a few small, minor upgrades such as a new exhaust system, and a cold air intake. the body of the car is crap right now, but haha, i dont care i want the engine to be good so i know that i can race, before my car looks like i can race....haha ok well thanks for the help everyone and if ne one has any suggestions about adding a turbo in my car, let me know

NXRacer
10-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Heres a good place to start to find out what you'll need for the turbo project......
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23070