PDA

View Full Version : Engine light but no ecu code?

FreaQ
10-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Hi!

I have a Accord 89 ex-i and I had a problem with cylinder 1 not firing... I found out it was a solder in the ECu that was damaged... Now, all 4 cylinder are firing...

The first time I started the engine, It was idling high and funny with the engine light on and after 30sec, everything was ok and light was off... Figured it was the ecu getting all signal from the sensors... I also found a vacum line that had a hole... repaired that...

The next day, came back to idling high and funny (back fired also) with engine light on... But does'nt come back to normal... Tried resetting the ECU... Same thing...

Then I came to your site, looked how to check the codes from the ecu... If I understand correctly: While the key was on (without engine running), the ECu should blink on it side from a led... But my problem is that the light stays on... No blinking...

Is it normal? Or my ECU has another problem (defective)? What should I do or check? I'm thinking of change the ecu but they are hard to find in Montreal because they tend to be water damaged or to must rusted...

L8r

Mac
10-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Hi welcome to the board.Are you saying the red LED in the ECU just stays on? I'm not sure if that means anything but it doesn't sound right to me. I thought that all the codes were flashes. Sounds to me like there is still something wrong with your ECU. There are alot of very knowledgable people here with alot of answers. Someone here will probally know more than me with this.

accordlxi2.0
10-14-2003, 06:46 PM
if it just constantly lit then its probaly the ecu .
make sure you have the connection's in all the way

FreaQ
10-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi!

Yes... it is constantly lit and the connector are all the way in...

I'll try to get a ECU...

Thx