PDA

View Full Version : question

KoNEY
10-15-2003, 08:53 PM
ok, i know that there are a million threads on here asking the same questions that are easily explained throughout the how-to's or the search feature, however, using these two helped me, but its all way too much to take in at once, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me how hard it would be to drop an efi a20a3 and tranny from a lude si into my 88 lx, which is carbed. i really want to convert my lx from carb to efi, that is the only thing i want, the actual engine change i can do, i have all tools and whatnot at hand, but i just want to know what i need to take off the lude to make the lx efi, and at the same time, what all i need to take off the lx that wont be needed once i have that p.o.s. a20a1 and tranny outta there, other than the much needed cleaning and painting of the engine compartment...sorry, but the search feature wasn't helping too much, more of a "change it to efi while leaving the engine in there" guide than what i needed....thanx

p.s.-also, if it happens to be too overbearing of a job, or not enought time to work all-at-once, will the stock carbed inake from my a20a1 bolt up to the a20a3 head, ya know, just so i can throw the carb back on there if i need to if i dont finish converting it

accordlxi2.0
10-23-2003, 03:32 PM
yeh it'll fit.
why do you want a lude tranny and enigine for. you wanna convert to stick or you think it's better.
you'll be fine just changing the intake to fi and getting the other nessecity's as well.
once you have efi.
get a cai and ram air.
and after market exhaust system right there.

KoNEY
10-26-2003, 02:29 PM
no, im gettin the lude engine b/c mine's shot, and its already efi, i have a choice, thanks

accordlxi2.0
10-26-2003, 05:19 PM
cool enjoy!