PDA

View Full Version : Finally Cleaned My Engine!

Gregs89AccordLxi
10-16-2003, 12:56 AM
I finally got a digi cam so these are my first engine pics, I Went and bought some Gunk Engine Cleaner over the weekend and sprayed the hell out of my engine, can you tell the difference

The Before.....
http://www.members.aol.com/oak1raiderfan/dirtyengine1.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/oak1raiderfan/dirtyengine2.jpg

And The After.....
http://www.members.aol.com/oak1raiderfan/cleanengine1.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/oak1raiderfan/cleanengine2.jpg

cdscowboy
10-16-2003, 02:30 AM
DEFINITELY notice the difference!!!! Talk about shiny....

Cheeseburger
10-16-2003, 04:43 AM
what the hell did you use to get it that shiny?

Vinny
10-16-2003, 04:53 AM
Looks great Greg. Let us know what else you used to get it looking THAT nice

HostileJava
10-16-2003, 05:56 AM
Looks awsome.

NXRacer
10-16-2003, 07:55 AM
:omg: :bow: thats AWESOME. what did you use to get it that clean? just gunk?

goldyaccord
10-16-2003, 08:56 AM
I have a feeling he put on some Tire gel on :D Just using a Degreaser isn't going to make it that shiny. Clean but not shiny.

Care to let us in the *secret* hmm? :wave:

ICEMAN707
10-16-2003, 09:12 AM
looks like that stuff dealers use to detail the engines of their used cars. i wouldn't be using any sort of oil-based product to shine your engine after doing all the work getting all the grease out. that wouldn't make any sense. the second you drive the car and dust and heat gets all around that engine, you are back where you started from. at that rate, you'd have to be degreasing your engine everyday.

Gregs89AccordLxi
10-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey thanks for the comments, yea i also used some miracle shine on the plastic parts, but other than that i only used the Gunk spray on the engine and then scrubbed the engine with a scrubber, then rinsed it, then sprayed it again with the gunk and washed it off. I used a flash with the camera so maybe thats why it looks real shiny.

Bloodlust
10-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Wow that looks great. Hopefully i will have the time to clean my engine someday..:(

meangreenLXi
10-16-2003, 12:42 PM
:eek: Whoa, that's a bomb type cleaning job, I had mine done by Delta Sonic and they didn't clean it that good. I guess if you wanna get something done right, you gotta do it yourself! :flash:

HondaBoy
10-16-2003, 01:11 PM
hmm, looks a lot nicer. i thought of cleaning my engine but im afraid to get the electrical stuff wet. guess i could go around it. anyway, my grandmas friend showed me this stuff she had someone clean her engine with. it was like a 2 step kit. first you degrease, rinse and then spray some stuff to make it look new on when its dry.

HostileJava
10-16-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Bloodlust
Wow that looks great. Hopefully i will have the time to clean my engine someday..:(

It's pretty easy actually, pick up a can of engine degreaser/cleaner the next time your at an autoparts store and I'll take ya to the car wash when we meet again.

MilTownSHO
10-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Looks real good, unfortunatly its gonna look like junk agian in a month

You have to be real careful not to hit electrical things when doing that, especially if you use a pressure washer, take it from a detailer, you can do MAJOR damage!

kicker1_solo
10-16-2003, 10:55 PM
lol, still nice and wet

offthahook
10-17-2003, 09:23 PM
Be very careful when using dress on the engine. It looks good, but collects everything and is damn hard to clean once you have silicone on everything!! Dealers use it to SELL cars. Looks good though.

blazin3gen
10-17-2003, 09:34 PM
u wanna come up north and clean up my engine :D looks nice man i love it!!!

3G Jester
10-17-2003, 09:54 PM
did you wrap your alternator in a bag or seran wrap? or or did you use a power washer, or heated water at one of those diy car wash bays? cant get water in there....

Gregs89AccordLxi
10-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by blazin3gen
u wanna come up north and clean up my engine :D looks nice man i love it!!!
lol if you didnt live so far away i would help ya out! You could take it to a car wash to use the jet sprayer but I used a regular garden hose with a sprayer, and about the electical getting wet I coverd the fuse box/distributor cap/relays with plastic bags and i also disconnected the negative and positive cables from the battery and when i was done i let it dry for a hour before i hooked the battery back up and started the car! thanks alot for the comments :D

MarioBurke
10-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Are you tired of staring at that dirt in your engine bay?
Have you spent countless hours cleaning, but to no avail?
Have you tried everything........ok no im just playing
but for reals, if you guys are looking for an engine cleaner that actually cleans and DOENST leave a film behind, the stuff you are looking for is called Auto Magic "red hot." its what most professional detailers are car dealers use to clean engine bays. but you have to keep your car when cause it ruins paint and stains glass. anyway check it out.

AccordArizona89
10-17-2003, 11:37 PM
well. in AZ there is like car wash places were u can spray ur engine with Simple green.. that works tight too. and its preddy cheap. see ya