PDA

View Full Version : Unsure?

sanjay
10-16-2003, 04:25 AM
Hey fellas,

I was driving to uni today and my car suddenly lost power on the highway.

As I came to a stop the car began shaking violently and it was pretty hard to accelerate i.e. real slow and sluggish.

at first I thought maybe one of my injectors was blocked or something, so I whacked through some injector cleaner (I have EFI), it seemed to help a little bit but didn't fix the problem.

I just decided to drive the bastard the rest of the way to uni.

After uni, i got a compression test and one of my cylinders had no compression at all.

My exhaust seems to make the "in tune" putt putt putt sound, but no backfiring, as yet.

From the searches i have done here is what has been suggested;

Valve lash adjustment?

Bent Valves?

Leaking intake manifold gasket?

Distributor?

When the mechanic took my plugs out to do the compression test, the spark plug was "carbon fouled". My car consumes and leaks engine oil.

So i'm not sure what to do, the engine is at 201, 000kms

Should I go to the wreckers and get a 2nd hand engine?
Should I try to get the problem fixeD?

The worst part about this whole deal is, my car is for sale and is in the trading post... So i really dunno what to do :( ???

shepherd79
10-16-2003, 09:18 AM
you will spend a lot more fixing the problem, just get another engine. it would be cheaper. try locating JDM B20 for 3geez.

k-roy
10-16-2003, 09:45 AM
A mechanic told a friend of mine that his spark plugs were fouled once, two days after I installed new NGKs. He put in champions and it did not do anything. But anyways check for vaccum leaks, since you have pgmfi it is pretty simple to replace all the tubing.
The problem does sound like when I blew my original motor.

sanjay
10-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Apparently the motor is facked.
Damn mechanics ,can't get a straight answer out of anyone,

it's gonna cost me $2000 to get this shit fixed....

:(

MilTownSHO
10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by sanjay
Apparently the motor is facked.
Damn mechanics ,can't get a straight answer out of anyone,

it's gonna cost me $2000 to get this shit fixed....

:(

That's ALOT of money to put in that old of a car, maybe your better off getting a new one?:confused:

sanjay
10-16-2003, 10:30 PM
i'd love to, but what do i do about the old one?
about my current broken one?
i'd love to get rid of it, but ...?

you see, i had the car for sale in a trading post the day it packed up.... arghhh, bad luck i suppose...

DarkRedAccord
10-17-2003, 04:09 AM
By the way, 2000 Australian Dollars=about US$1400.

danronian
10-17-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by kroy
A mechanic told a friend of mine that his spark plugs were fouled once, two days after I installed new NGKs. He put in champions and it did not do anything. But anyways check for vaccum leaks, since you have pgmfi it is pretty simple to replace all the tubing.

If it was a spark problem a cranking compression test would still yield compression in all pistons. Maybe you have a valvetrain problem though. It could cause the valves to not seat and give no compression. I would take off the valve cover to make sure nothing broke before replacing the whole motor. But then again if this was he case there would be noise.

my86dx4dr
10-18-2003, 08:31 PM
part it out, to austrailian 3geez memebers

sanjay
10-19-2003, 06:45 AM
hhaahhaa...... what australian 3geez members?
i seriously think i'm the only one sometimes...
and i'm almost certain i'm still the only regularly active one!