PDA

View Full Version : amp power cable location

adams86lxi
10-16-2003, 06:12 PM
i am trying to run the amp wires to a amp in the trunk i have the audio cable back their and the remote cable but wheir did you guys run the power cable from your battery to the back of the car. I know you are suppose to run it threw the fire wall, but wheir have you guys found it fits threw the best. Pics are cool to! Thanks!:D

shepherd79
10-17-2003, 03:27 AM
well, first make sure you are running power cable on the opposite side of speaker wires to prevent engine noise in the system.
i ran my 4gauge power wire through passenger side. i used the hole for AC condenser drainer. I don't have AC so i figured i may as well use it.
you can drill the hole, but make sure the edges are not sharp and they will not cut the wire.

adams86lxi
10-17-2003, 09:58 AM
i ran the remote cable and the sub audio cable on the passenger side. so are you saying i should run my power cable on the drivers side? I have a/c so that means i cant run it threw the AC condenser drainer hole right. Thanks

88 Accord DX
10-17-2003, 10:04 AM
pull your passenger side carpet back and there is a grommet that has a wire through it already but you can fit wire in it. it looks like you cant but i fit 4 awg through it with no problem. maybe i can find a pic of it or take one. you can also see it from the engine bay.

BMS
10-17-2003, 10:20 AM
There is a hole...don't remember what for, it's been too long, but it's on the passenger side kinda down there, but it pops right through under the dash,and then you can easily pull it down under the...what do you call the plastic rails along the door? Anyway, it has a rubber grommet over it also, but it is up higher than the carpet line.

grey87accorddx
10-17-2003, 08:14 PM
I ran the patch cable on the drivers side and ran the power 4ga and the remote lead down the passenger side also when u run the wire threw the firewall it is good idea not only to have a hole that wont rub on the wire but u might also want to put a rubber gromet around it to seal it from water and still those sharp edges

adams86lxi
10-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Thanks for your help guys, we finally got it threw the side of the condensation drain pipe, (i think thats what its called) on the pasenger side. I also moved the audio cable and the remote cable to the other side of the car.:D