PDA

View Full Version : Vibration.... woo.

MrBen
10-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Ever since I've had my lower balljoints and axles replaced, my car has been vibrating upon acceleration, at any speed. Esp on hard acceleration. It never did anything like that before.

First time I noticed it, I took it back. He replaced an axle which was defective.

That helped a little, but not really. The vibration is still present.

Today I went and had my tires rotated, balanced, and for the hell of it had them check the air pressure in them.

Vibration is still there.

I call my mechanic back, and he says to drive it for 100 miles because the axles might need to be "broken in" since everything is so tight. Ok.

What should I do? I don't want to screw up my car anymore.

PogiLXI
10-16-2003, 08:42 PM
like what kind of vibration????? like ur Stearing wheel jearking? or what?

MrBen
10-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Nah the entire car vibrates. I can feel it on the clutch pedal, steering wheel, and gas pedal. Not that much but I can feel it.

DarkRedAccord
10-17-2003, 04:02 AM
When I had my left axle replaced recently, the car drove same as before. When my right axle was replaced with one that did not have the damper weight (manual transmission), I started feeling some vibration, even tough it is not as excessive as yours. Next time when I replace the right axle, if I can find one with the damper, I would probably get it installed.

danronian
10-17-2003, 05:40 AM
I would try driving it the 100 miles b/c I really doubt a vibration will hurt the car all that bad.

Did you get the front end aligned afterwards? Also go over the front suspension to make sure nothing is worn out.

MrBen
10-17-2003, 06:37 AM
Well the front suspension should be fine, I know for a fact that the lower and upper balljoints are good. He says everthing else is tight.

I have a feeling it is the axles he used. he said they were refurbished/rebuilt axles. They were 111.00 apiece. I might go back and tell him to put different ones on since these have a warrenty.

The car also isnt running right either, feels like it has little acceleration.

PogiLXI
10-17-2003, 02:49 PM
hmmmm, Little acceleration, I think there is something binding up.

MrBen
10-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Well I've decided to take it back and tell him to fix it right or take off the axles and give me a refund, since they are under warrenty. He's been jerking me around and I don't like it. Honda told me the axles were cheap, another place said the axles were the wrong ones. So whatever, most everything is pointing to the axles. I'll get OEM ones (which I thought he was putting on) and be done with it.