PDA

View Full Version : Major Prob !

bboipinoy112
10-16-2003, 09:40 PM
i finished my 5spd swap .. first time driving it a couple minutes ago .. came home .. and right around the corner .. i upshift .. and then *CLUNK* pulled over .. and pushed it the rest .. and parked it on the street .. den i pull out a flash light .. and OM-F0CKING-G !!!! my fuckin transmission broke OFF THE transmission MOUNTH !! ! like where the 2 screws bolt onto the mount .. it broke off the transmission .. like iono .. BUT WHAT DO I DO !??!?! !:sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave:

bboipinoy112
10-16-2003, 10:18 PM
:sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave: I NEED HELP ! ! ! ! ! ! !

deadlight
10-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Did you break the mounts? Or just kind of shear some bolts? Hopefully you didn't break your cv shafts or damage the tranny any, if not, you should probably try and strap it up in there somehow and have it towed to your house where you can put it back in there w/ new mounts.

bboipinoy112
10-17-2003, 10:44 AM
no the mounts ddnt break .. da tranny broke off the bolts .. kind of how when you dont pre-drill holes in wood .. and it cracks .. and you can just take the screw off .. and a big chunk of the wood comes of .. kind of like that .. but big chunk of tranny .. both the bolts on the tranny mount broke .. :(

NXRacer
10-17-2003, 10:47 AM
damn dude. looks like its time for another tranny. Did you have any problems bolting the tranny up in the first place? Maybe it was put in wrong or something? seems like it would take a lot of force to break the tranny like that.

bboipinoy112
10-17-2003, 11:19 AM
no problems at all .. my dad is a auto mechanic .. has been for all my life for all i can remember .. he divorced my mom me at 2yrs .. was a mechanic .. and still is .. and when we went to the pinkNpull here .. called AREA 51 .. they were hey "RACE" whos dat wid you? "MY SON" - OOOH! .. did you kno that your dad is the CAR GOD around here? .. shocked to my amazement .. lol .. but pretty much is i think .. got every fuckin SNAP-ON tool in his gerage .. want to see? i can take pics .. BUT ANYWAYS .. THE TRANNY WAS BOLTED ON CORRECTLY .. MOUNTS IN PLACE .. LINES HOOKED UP .. EVERYTHING CORRECT .. just dont kno how the fuck it broke .. ARGH ! ! !

Vinny
10-17-2003, 11:25 AM
call the pick n pull and see if they can help you out. If the actually tranny case broke then I'd see what they have for a warrant. No way around it if the case is dicked then you need another tranny

carotman
10-17-2003, 01:37 PM
YOu can get them welded back, but it doesn't explain why it broke.

bboipinoy112
10-17-2003, 02:41 PM
i dont kno why they broke either .. but will welding do the job ? ?

NXRacer
10-17-2003, 03:20 PM
welding will do the job, but if you can get it replaced under warranty then do that and dont bother trying to mickey mouse around.

bboipinoy112
10-17-2003, 04:58 PM
yea .. im just tired and exhausted after doing all that stuff .. having to pull tranny and all that shit .. and then pulling my tranny and all that auto shit .. and then putting in that tranny and all that 5spd shit .. and it wasnt even 30 minutes before i couldnt drive it anymore .. so no i gotta drop another tranny .. and drop my tranny .. and put that other tranny .. thank god we called my dads frends .. whos owner of the AREA 51"pickNpull" here .. so yea .. he'll let us walk out free of no charge ..

k-roy
11-04-2003, 07:25 AM
I would go to a yard and get a new tranny casing, gut the broke tranny and put it inside the new casing. Also go to the dealer and get a new set of mounting bolts.