PDA

View Full Version : Low beams INOP

MilTownSHO
10-16-2003, 10:38 PM
So when we picked up my Accord we had to jump it because it had been sitting for some time, well we had the headlights on and had it running when my friend went to remove the jumpers, when he did the red terminal halfway came off the battery, it wasn't tightened down..:rant:

Anyway, the headlights went out due to the spark while disconnecting the jumpers, now only the highbeams work. When you turn it to the low beams everything else that supposed to light up does, the tailights, interior lights, etc. I checked the fuses and they are fine.

I searched the forum and everyone talks about the combination switch and some wires that get frayed or pulled out. Anyone have a picture of these wires for me to see exactly where you are talking about.

I was also thinking maybe both of the low beam filaments in the headlights blew out, but I doubt it.

Any other ideas?

They worked fine before the spark...

deadlight
10-16-2003, 11:18 PM
I don't know, I hope someone tells you though, I have had the same problem on my 3g since I bought it.

cruznz
10-17-2003, 01:01 AM
check with a test light that power is getting to the low beam lights if it is then its probably the bulbs,if not , check for power at the switch for the low beams

Mac
10-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Wow that's weird. Any way each low beam has it's own fuse. You said the fuses are good. Next I would pull fuse #6 and #7 and see if you got 12 volts on one side of each fuse socket.

If you have 12 volts there and the fuses are good see if the bulbs are still good.

If you don't have 12 volts there, you might of fried the low beam contact in the combination switch.

Mac
10-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Wow that's weird. Any way each low beam has it's own fuse. You said the fuses are good. Next I would pull fuse #6 and #7 and see if you got 12 volts on one side of each fuse socket.

If you have 12 volts there and the fuses are good see if the bulbs are still good.

If you don't have 12 volts there, you might of fried the low beam contact in the combination switch.

Sorry about the double post. Can a mod please delete for me?Thanks