PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Pics of my black 13 yr old.

89accordlxi
06-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Here are some current pics of my 89 lxi.

Enjoy!!

Peace out..

www.geocities.com/tvouthilak/Honda.html

ACCORD EX
06-22-2002, 02:54 PM
none of the pics work ! did you upload the pics along with the web site ? ?

MIKE

FrankGSR
06-22-2002, 04:19 PM
Nice and clean, dont like the pin strip though :)

Jims 86LXI HB
06-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Nice clean car, what happened to your center caps?

88Ex-i
06-22-2002, 04:42 PM
i think that car looks good, but better without the red pinstripe.....

Mantis88LX
06-22-2002, 05:57 PM
sweet man! really clean car!

89accordlxi
06-22-2002, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the replies peeps. Yeah I know, I need to get rid of the pin stripe. I just haven't gotten around to it, and I don't know what to use to get the adhesive off. Any suggestions???

About the center caps on the wheels. I just didn't like them on. I sort of like the way it looks with them off. That's just me though.

Suggestions on removing pin stripe would be great.

thanks y'all

peace out...

Oh yeah, ACCORD EX check the site again. It should work. If not, Sorry:( ...

SteveDX89
06-22-2002, 07:24 PM
If you want to get the pinstripe off, go to an auto parts store and buy a can of label and sticker remover. That shit works like a charm. Directions should be on the can but if you need more help, let me know.

NOAHS88accord
06-23-2002, 03:10 AM
way to go with choosing infinity, i like the fog lights in the front that looks nice, your car is lookin good

white95alty
06-23-2002, 07:30 AM
what kind of muffler is that?:confused:

Stefi-blueLX
06-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Hey it looks great!
The only thing that stands out
is the orange on the taillights
and front corner lights. Make it
clear man. That would go with the color
scheme you have going on:
red, black, with a little clear I assume.
Other than that I like it. Nice job
:)

L Squared
06-23-2002, 12:45 PM
Nice car. I wondered what my car would look like with a pinstripe. Now i know not to get one. Nice ride.

-Lē

CARBurn
06-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Nice picso of your ride.

Did you ever make a how to for the front speaker enclosures?

89accordlxi
06-23-2002, 08:17 PM
[/B][/QUOTE]
Originally posted by Stefi-blueLX
Hey it looks great!
The only thing that stands out
is the orange on the taillights
and front corner lights. Make it
clear man. That would go with the color
scheme you have going on:
red, black, with a little clear I assume.
Other than that I like it. Nice job
:)

Yes, you are absolutely right. Good observation!!;)
I have been trying to figure out how to make the front corners clear for the longest time. Once I figure it out, they will be changed. About the rears. If you didn't notice, my car is an 89 lx-i. The outer segments of the tail lights are off and older year accord. That is why i was able to make the top part clear and keep the bottom red. The 89 lx-i tail was one solid piece with no split between the yellow and red part. The inner section however, was not interchangable with the older accords. That is why I haven't gotten rid of the orange yet. Like the front corners, I will do the change when I find a good way to do it. I hope all of that made sence..:D

Originally posted by CARBurn
Did you ever make a how to for the front speaker enclosures?

Believe it or not, I am slowly putting a how-to together on those speaker pods. It is taking longer than I expected. I just want to make sure I cover everything and trying to provide as many pics as I can. I don't know how long it will take, but yes, there will be a how-to. I promise.

Originally posted by white95alty
what kind of muffler is that?
It is just a universal fit stainless steel direct flow performance muffler.

Peace out y'all.
Thanks for the comments.

TeKKnoTeKK
06-23-2002, 11:20 PM
very good job bro....coming along nicely. Ya know, the pin stripe might actually look good if it was a different color. My car has pin stripes but they are straight along the side. Good custom work.

ACCORD EX
06-24-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
none of the pics work ! did you upload the pics along with the web site ? ?

MIKE

now they work ! : D

anyway the car looks so clean ! but the foglights just don't fit !

MIKE

89accordlxi
06-24-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
very good job bro....coming along nicely. Ya know, the pin stripe might actually look good if it was a different color. My car has pin stripes but they are straight along the side. Good custom work.

Yeah, I don't know what other color would look good. I was trying to go with the red color scheme since I have the red emblems. It will probably be best just to remove the pinstripe whenever I get a chance....

i'm out....

markmdz89hatch
07-24-2002, 10:06 AM
89accordlxi---> e-mail me, and I'll send you a How-To on the clear sidemarkers

I'll post a How-To just as soon as I put one together with pics showing each step. It's cheap, but it takes forever to do the way I make 'em.

winkie45
07-24-2002, 04:23 PM
i love those leather sei seats, i have the same color interior and those seats would look, and feel, and maybe smell really good. i want some now!!!

MyGarbageLXi
07-24-2002, 04:48 PM
is it this me or does the Name of this thread sound a little peculiar:lol

offthahook
07-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by MyGarbageLXi
is it this me or does the Name of this thread sound a little peculiar:lol

Maybe it could breed with my white 13 year old and produce a beautiful Halle Berry type mulatto baby Accord...

DBMaster
07-24-2002, 07:05 PM
You can actually just use plain naptha, Coleman fuel, or mineral spirits to remove the adhesive. None of these will hurt your paint. Heat the stripes with a hair dryer before you try to peel them off. Believe me, it makes it a lot easier.

Mine had pin stripes from the dealer when it was new. Of course, I removed them when the car was only 4 1/2 years old, not 13.

anchovies
07-24-2002, 09:20 PM
very nice..
now try some blackies...
i think u'll get more stares

Dman87LX
07-29-2002, 08:20 PM
Nice 3g, looks weird with foglights where they are?

89cordlx
07-29-2002, 08:29 PM
sorry dude, I drooled on the se-i seats. I'll fix it later. Anyways I love the car, and yes the pinstripe does stand out buy hey, mine has one too. but it is very thin and black on that metallic blue. oh yeah my bonnet, and LF fender all don't match the colour of the car either. oh well. I want your seats! and tell us how you did the fog lights!