PDA

View Full Version : hello nice to meet you all, camshaft issue

86_lx-i_hgreenIII
10-17-2003, 10:38 AM
hello guy's and gals i am hgreeniii and this will be my first post here.

i just got my 86 accord from my mother because she forgot about an oil leak, you guys know the rest knock...knock etc... so now the car is finally mine and i go to the junk yard to get an engine and the camshaft is broken off of the cam gear!!!!

pics here (http://geocities.com/zerodx2/)

first ques. should i take it back or just use the cam in the knock knock engine?

second ques. what would cause this to happen in the first place????

NXRacer
10-17-2003, 10:45 AM
i dont know what would make that happen but i'm guessing it would have to be pretty serious. I'd take that whole motor back and get another one. If not, you could swap heads from the knock knock motor to the 'new' one and see how that goes, but i'd be hesitant to use a motor that broke a cam shaft. Of course, it could have happened in shippment or something.

86_lx-i_hgreenIII
10-17-2003, 09:59 PM
ok i took the engine back but now this engines oil is thick slugy and flaky so this one is going back to hope fully third times a charm

3G Jester
10-17-2003, 10:13 PM
let us know how the 3rd one goes! welcome to the board! and if all else fails go get some colt cams!

A20A1
11-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Hopefully the engine is good... if it broke because the engine seized then get rid of the motor.