PDA

View Full Version : Rubbercoating on the jack/frame rails...

offthahook
10-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Do your factory painted cars have a "strip" of black undercoating on the welded area of the lower frame?? Basically where the body is welded to the floorboard. Or is it the color of your car down there??

AccordEpicenter
10-21-2003, 09:09 AM
Mine does

DBMaster
10-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Black rubbery stuff on mine, too. It's basically a rock guard. It is much more resistant to chipping from debris than the regular paint.

offthahook
10-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by DBMaster
Black rubbery stuff on mine, too. It's basically a rock guard. It is much more resistant to chipping from debris than the regular paint.

:werd: to that. I just had it painted and they didn't reapply the rubbercoating, so I will get the stuff in the can and hook it up.

danronian
10-24-2003, 05:26 AM
Be careful applying that stuff near new paint. After you spray it for a little bit it starts showering the black goo everywhere b/c it gets all built up on the spray nozzle. I figured this out after having my glasses coated with undercoating after using it on my malibu's wheelwells.

offthahook
10-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by danronian
Be careful applying that stuff near new paint. After you spray it for a little bit it starts showering the black goo everywhere b/c it gets all built up on the spray nozzle. I figured this out after having my glasses coated with undercoating after using it on my malibu's wheelwells.

True dat. We're gonna mask or use like a BIG piece of cardboard to protect the new paint from that black "spittle" that will come out of the aeresol can. That's the EXACT reason I didn't take it back to the body shop; I have a feeling they would just spray it all willy nilly... Good lookin' out!