PDA

View Full Version : I hit a huge racoon and it messed up my LXI

88vert
10-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Last night I was crusing along the highway enjoying my brand new stereo system when about a 30 pound racoon jumped in front of my honda,it tore the lower valance all to hell and pushed my radaitor support up and split my radiator,well to make a long story short I drove it about 15 miles with the radiator leaking got it to a friends house let it sit about a hour and refilled the radiator and drove home which is about another mile,the under hood area was smoking pretty good,and I hope to hell it did not blow the head gasket,the temp guage was up near hot but never maxed out.Do you guys think I blew the head gasket,the oil looks great

danronian
10-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Probably not, I cant imagine an engine not being able to handle just one trip to hot on the temp gauge. If your oil is clean your fine for sure.

88vert
10-18-2003, 10:53 PM
thanks alot Dan:)

LoKo498
10-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Same thing happened to me few years ago. I was coming home 1 night doing about 80 MPH & all of a sudden a dog ran out in the road & I couldnt avoid not hitting him because i was going soo fast & there were other cars in the road. POOR DOG :o(
Well anyway, he destroyed my radiator, the condenser was destroyed & so was the bottom part of my bumper. Well it cost me about $200 for this shop to fix the radiator & never got a chance to get the AC & condenser fixed yet.
Well that was my sad story. ~> R.I.P. to the dog <~

88vert
10-26-2003, 05:15 PM
it did a number on the radiator support and the lower valance:(

k-roy
10-27-2003, 03:57 AM
That sucks man.
I was on a trip out of state on the Interstate and my friend was driving. He hit a dog, or some other small furry creature. I was woken by the thud. My car was fortunate to take no damage, except the bumper lens was shattered and there was some dried blood that stripped the paint. The idiots that repainted my car painted the bumpers poorly and the paint was chipping off anyway, so I painted the bumpers black and it looks much nicer.

Vinny
10-27-2003, 05:14 AM
Sounds like the hatch I just bought someone hit something and Dicked the radiatir and upper support on it all to hell. I'd just keep a real close eye on it but you should be ok

cubert
10-27-2003, 07:17 AM
:lol

its not a real funny thing..but just imagine a small mammal flying out of a tree and hitting the car..it kinda eminds me of the killer rabbit..or that episode of family guy where they have to go to the deep south and the racoon attacks the dad every five minutes:lol

k-roy
10-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by 88potacomobilelxi
:lol

its not a real funny thing..but just imagine a small mammal flying out of a tree and hitting the car..it kinda eminds me of the killer rabbit..or that episode of family guy where they have to go to the deep south and the racoon attacks the dad every five minutes:lol

Haha, thats my favorite episode.

SteveDX89
10-27-2003, 10:04 AM
I was driving about 70 once when I had my old car and a rabbit jumped out on the road. I swerved so I wouldn't hit him but the bastard jumped right into the tire. I didn't feel so bad cause I tried not to hit him. Stupid Wabbit.

tuner4life
10-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Man here in mexico Nissan Sentra's hit dog's all the time goin about 40. Dogs run loose here in mexico to.

Magny
10-30-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 88vert
about a 30 pound racoon

Hey man U sure it was a racoon, it might of been an armadillo lol knowin that you mentioned it messed your front end up.

cubert
10-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Magny
Hey man U sure it was a racoon, it might of been an armadillo lol knowin that you mentioned it messed your front end up.

mutant racoons...mabye it was an unusually large WOODCHUCK!

i think im losing it