PDA

View Full Version : i noticed something odd yesterday...

Micah 89LXi
10-18-2003, 10:13 AM
i went to circuit city to look at stuff i cant afford...and i noticed they had a whole new seciton next to the car audio...it was all car accessories..they sell intakes mufflers..tails...LED bulbs...lighting....automatic shifters...the really hard to find ones...shift boot covers....all at rediculous prices..but when you think about it since you dont pay shipping..its about the same....they also have a whole catalog from ractive...you can custom order anything else you need....i wanna try those LED bulbs in my tails..but they $18 a piece..now i know where they are if i need em....so if you guys have a circuit city around...they might have an auto accessory section now too.....just thought it was weird

89AcCOrDmike
10-18-2003, 10:56 AM
i saw a wrx with blinking blue headlights when it was parked, is that what your talking about for the taillights?

HostileJava
10-18-2003, 11:49 AM
I think he's just talking about replacement bulbs made from LED's instead of normal lamps, and I was checking thier pricing out and it's way to expensive. I would never pay that much for anything they are selling, even including shipping. I know I can pick up most of that stuff from my local speed shop alot cheaper.

Micah 89LXi
10-18-2003, 10:43 PM
not even autozone has those LED blubs tho..ive only seen em on ebay...speed shops overcharge like mad

Admiral
10-19-2003, 01:44 PM
ive seen them at autozone in St. Louis area

zero.counter
10-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Micah 89LXi
i went to circuit city to look at stuff i cant afford...
Stop right there...:lol . Don't feel bad, I frequent that store on ocassion for the same reason but in the Home A/V section.

Back on topic, I saw all of the RActive accessories and hell yeah, they were overpriced. But as posted earlier, they are cheaper than local shops and such. Ractive's stuff looks better quality than APC without a doubt , imo.

MrBen
10-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by zero.counter
Stop right there...:lol . Don't feel bad, I frequent that store on ocassion for the same reason but in the Home A/V section.

:lol I do things like that too :D For instance, I check out the computers and electronics just to see what's out there, and picture myself using it. Another example, my headlight went out today, and I went to Schucks to get new bulbs and nearly shit myself as the only ones available for my car are 50 dollars a pair. I think I'll just use my brights for now :lol

Sorry to swing off topic, but just had to share.

Sabz5150
10-19-2003, 04:33 PM
www.superbrightleds.com

Excellent prices on everything LED

hondamanlxi
10-19-2003, 09:16 PM
im not that impressed with my LEDs in my tails, but my blinkers are pretty good. The bad part is it causes hyper-flash:(

3G Jester
10-19-2003, 09:21 PM
yeah. they started stocking stuff cause of all the fast and furious kids...grumble grumble....

however just casue they stock reactive doesnt mean they know shit. the intakes and shit are just thrown up their with prices. no car info or anything and if you ask any of the sales reps they dont know shit. if they actualy have worked on cars then your lucky otherwise they dont know CAI from short ram.

k-roy
10-19-2003, 10:00 PM
You should go back there and get the "Bass in a Bottle". It looks like a giant NOS bottle but it sounds pimp.

89accord_lxi_coupe
10-20-2003, 09:08 AM
for the bulbs in the tails what is the # for the correct led replacement? certain leds can only replace certain number bulbs in the tail lights. thanks for the info.

Bloodlust
10-20-2003, 09:14 AM
Man my circuit city sucks. They just got a new car "audio" department. Who knows when they will get into the cosmetics, performance, ect. Man as Hostile saw from my town yesterday, its kind of stuck in the 18th century.

HostileJava
10-20-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by kroy
You should go back there and get the "Bass in a Bottle". It looks like a giant NOS bottle but it sounds pimp.

Ha ha, I would never put that shit in my car.

k-roy
10-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Yea, its pretty cheesy.

Micah 89LXi
10-28-2003, 02:16 PM
heh ive seen that...i think my subs sound a little bit better than that...my bandpass box rocks....yeah i was thinking about gettinga a ractive muffler when i get my exhaust redone here in the new month...you guys like these??...would it sound alright?

Micah 89LXi
10-28-2003, 02:28 PM
RL-650 Load Resistor kit
6 Ohm, 50 Watt load resistor kit
Solves most LED turn signal problems
Connect one across each LED turn signal bulb to simulate filament bulbs
$ 4.95
that might fix your hyper flash

thank for this site BTW they do have excellent prices

PogiLXI
10-31-2003, 08:21 PM
I got to Circut City and best buy, to see what PC games are out, then I go home, And DL them on DC.