PDA

View Full Version : Im about to use Restore engine uhh restorer..i guess

Micah 89LXi
10-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Has anyone used this..or would they reccomend using it..im trying to quiet my engine down...make it run more smoothly...would anyone suggest i not do this...because i have the reciept still...and im kinda leary on the whole thing...any advice would be appreciated

danronian
10-18-2003, 10:17 PM
If your engine is "noisy" I doubt you have much to lose. It wont fix anything though, just prolong the life of an already dead engine.

Micah 89LXi
10-18-2003, 10:42 PM
sometimes it shakes my steering wheel

hondamanlxi
10-20-2003, 07:44 AM
ive used that restore stuff in my integra. It really did nothing more than act as an enigne flush. NOT WORTH IT

AZmike
10-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Micah 89LXi
sometimes it shakes my steering wheel

How do your engine mounts look?

k-roy
10-20-2003, 12:08 PM
Adjust your valves, it will probably run smoother and quiet it down a bit. There is a post in the howto section. Good call on the engine mounts, check the tranny mount as well.
I am not a fan of "fix it with a bottle" products. I perfer quality parts and repairs with quality synthetic lubricants.

zero.counter
10-20-2003, 02:05 PM
As a, "I'm bored" project, I tested this stuff on a 89' Integra LS and a compression tester. I remember that the compression numbers did improve between all of the cylinders, most likely indicating that there was some work to be done. So yes, it does help, but is a quick fix. Power was restored, albeit knowing what that meant made me look more into tearing the engine apart.