PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Kit and Ecu Hack

gekko
10-19-2003, 08:20 AM
i found nothin about this company searching so i don't know if this is news to u guys out there but check this site out

http://www.civinco.com/prod01.htm

http://www.civinco.com/prod02.htm <---- this looks cool

=)

bobafett
10-19-2003, 09:48 AM
looks neat, although i dont know how much that would apply to the a20...

adams86lxi
10-19-2003, 11:46 AM
cant you redrill the holes on the b16s intake manifold so it will fit on a a20?

2old_honda
10-19-2003, 01:29 PM
That is a super charger. not a turbocharger. And yes you can redrill the holes in the b16 intake manifold to fit that a20 head.

4sillypwr
10-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Although just because the intake mani fill fit the head does not mean that the pulley will line up. THere might be some significan't mods needed to get it to line up.

k-roy
10-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Umm... Screw superchargers on 4 cylinders. I have seen four Jackson Racing ones on a Civic, Integra, Prelude and a Miata. They definatly add kick, but they are not as good as a comperable turbocharger. First they take a pully that draws power making them less efficient than a turbo. Second they do not have as much top end, that is how the motors are tuned for power. Third, umm.. turbos sound cooler. Fourth, superchargers are usually better at the quarter mile, but not for laps at a track. But to each his own.

gekko
10-20-2003, 01:26 AM
what about the Boost Commander , will that work on our cars ?

smufguy
10-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by kroy
Umm... Screw superchargers on 4 cylinders. I have seen four Jackson Racing ones on a Civic, Integra, Prelude and a Miata. They definatly add kick, but they are not as good as a comperable turbocharger. First they take a pully that draws power making them less efficient than a turbo. Second they do not have as much top end, that is how the motors are tuned for power. Third, umm.. turbos sound cooler. Fourth, superchargers are usually better at the quarter mile, but not for laps at a track. But to each his own.

i would second that remark of the Super chargers. There was a guy with his H22 lude with Jackson Racing supercharger and was making 260 WHP, which is like more than 300 Hp at the crank/flywheel, but he was running only 14s and very high 13s.

Superchargers are pain in the ass when compared to the Turbo and turbo is much more versatile than a darn superchargers. And this is all purely IMO.

4sillypwr
10-22-2003, 09:28 PM
I would have to say that the supercharger would be better suited for lapping than a turbo. I suppose it would depend on how fast the turbo spools. The advantage of the super charger is seamless boost.